Volcano House4667 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Tryggvagata 11, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland, Reykjavik
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +354-5551900
- Ticket Price: 1990 ISK
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Family And Kids
The volcano house showcases two films on the powerful volcanic eruptions in Iceland.
The film skilfully pictures the eruption on Heimaey on 23rd Janury 1973, the devastating eruption caused about 5000 of citizens to flee and be transported to Iceland another film documents the eruption in Eyafjallajokull. Along with what went during the eruption it also shows the geological history of Iceland and the science behind these eruptions. The same is done through some of the most classic photographs and a geographic exhibition containing samples of lava, ash and a collection of minerals. Some of these minerals and semi-precious stones can even be purchased!
All of that coupled with guided tours by some very enthusiastic guides ready to answer all your questions and some amazing food from the in house cafe to ponder on the fantastic thing called nature!
Volcano House Travel Tips
- A total duration of the cinema is 60 minutes.
- Free Wi-Fi is available .
- Film is available in English, German, French and other languages on request.
- Shows in other foreign languages are also available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Volcano House
- 1700 ISK for senior citizens and students.
- 1600 ISK for Reykjavik welcome card holders.
- 1000 ISK for children aged 7-14 years.
- Free admission for children below 7 years.
Volcano House Hours
- Showtimes are every hour, on the hours from 10 am – 9 pm.
- Icelandic languages showtimes: 8 pm (on Saturdays) and 3 pm (on Sundays).
- German screening at 6 pm from 15th June to 15th September.
How to Reach Volcano House
- Nearby bus station: Myrargata
- Krua Thai
- Hamborgarabulla Tomasar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Reykjavik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reykjavik and book an accommodation of your choice.
88.64% of people who visit Reykjavik include Volcano House in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
26.97% of people start their Volcano House visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Volcano House
54.94% of people prefer walking in order to reach Volcano House