Castle Of MonolithosCurrently Closed
- Address: Castle of Monolithos Notio Aigaio, Greece, Rhodes
- Timings: 08:00 am - 02:40 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Castle, Family And Kids
Castle Of Monolithos - Review
Not far from the Village of Monolithos you will find this interesting castle. Although the whole structure does not exist anymore seeing its vestiges and imagining what it must have looked like in its glory days is certainly an experience worth having.
Lost in the Greek isles the castle has a wild and rugged sort of a feel to it. Not only this, the area in and around the castle has some stunning views up on offer. Overlooking the sea, this old ruin has a stunning location and a very old worldly charm to it. A hike up to it is certainly a refreshing experience but perhaps an also a wonderful photo opportunity. A very interesting place to visit in the area!
How To reach Castle Of Monolithos by Public Transport
- A decent Public Transport system exists on the island but the stations are not easily available online. You can buy a transport map on arrival.
Restaurants Near Castle Of Monolithos
- Pension Liros.
- George's Restaurant.
- Calimera Porto Angeli.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rhodes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rhodes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Castle Of Monolithos
57.85% of people who visit Rhodes include Castle Of Monolithos in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
59.09% of people start their Castle Of Monolithos visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Castle Of Monolithos
93.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castle Of Monolithos
Castle Of Monolithos Map
Castle Of Monolithos Trips
Castle Of Monolithos, Rhodes Reviews
This place has a mystical feeling to it. As you’re climbing the steps you’ll notice lots of small stone towers or cairns everywhere. The view from the top is wonderful, there are olives trees for shade and there’s even a bin! Like everything on Rhodes, your safety is your own responsibility, so be careful near the edges, there are well trodden, slippery rocks everywhere.
Good spot to watch the sunset. In early June it was quite private and the view was amazing. Beers and snacks where still available at the cafe around 19:30. Parking wasn't an issue either. Have fun!
This was one of my highlights of Rhodes, driving up to mountain side is a winding road which takes you through the clouds to the castle foot. Refreshments can be purchased from the shop at the bottom, and the walk up to the castle is short. At the top you are afforded fantastic views, and the monastery which greats you is peaceful. Ring the bell and enjoy the acoustics of the area as it echos around.
What a stunning place. Gorgeous views with a beautiful chapel on top. It doesn't take long to get up there, maybe 10-15mins at most. The steps are very slippery and no fence on the sides with a very long drop down but it's still easily doable. I stupidly didn't take trainers. Make sure comfortable footwear is worn with a decent grip.
The views are great, nice little climb to the top, not too bad even if you're not in shape. It's free and there is a nice little café next to the entrance. Would recommend a Greek yogurt with honey.
All QuestionsCastle of monolithos
- Rar Press Romanowski Ryszard
- Agencja Telewizyjna Kontakt Katarzyna Radkiewicz
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Sw. Jakuba Apostola
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Aleksego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymsko - Katolicka Pw. Świętego Jana Chrzciciela
- Dom Parafialny
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Parafia Rzymsko - Katolicka Pw. Świętej Agnieszki
- Zgromadzenie Sióstr Służek Najświętszej Marii Panny Niepokalanej Goniądz
- Zgromadzenie Sióstr Miłosierdzia św. Wincentego A Paulo
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Narodzenia NMP W Poniecu
- Gminne Centrum Kultury