How to Reach Rhodes - The Easiest Way to Reach Rhodes
- By Air: You will be able to find direct flights to Rhodes International Airport from a few major cities. Alternatively you can choose to land in Athens or Thessaloniki and take a domestic flight to Rhodes.
- By Ferry: Another interesting way to get to Rhodes is by ferry. You will find a regular system of ferries operating to Rhodes from Athens and Marmaris.
- Walk: Each individual town and settlement in the area can easily be explored on foot. The towns tend to be quite similar and it is a lot of fun to admire the architecture as you walk.
- Bus: A decent Public Transport system exists on the island but the stations are not easily available online. You can buy a transport map on arrival. The bus network will be your cheapest option but it might get a bit confusing if you are unseasoned. You will be able to reach most places from Rhodes Town by Bus quite easily.
- Rentals: Renting a car or hiring a car and driver is the most convenient way to get around Rhodes and also perhaps the most expensive one as well. But the flexibility it will give you will certainly usurp the cost.
- Taxi: You can find blue taxis easily in case you want to get a quick ride. The taxis have certain maximum tariffs and you should get this information for maximum tariffs from the tourism office in the beginning of your stay and keep it handy.
Are you looking for a Rhodes travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Rhodes
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Rhodes. The most preferred mode of transport in Rhodes is Walking.
Average distance: 10.25 km Average time: 14.5 min
Walking 50%Walking 11 min Driving 1 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 12 min
Car 50%Driving 15 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 17 kms 17 min
How to Reach Rhodes from Nearby Cities
|Marmaris to Rhodes||51.75 km||1 hour|
|Mugla to Rhodes||78.27 km||1 hour 18 mins|
|Fethiye to Rhodes||85.48 km||1 hour 30 mins|
|Bodrum to Rhodes||128.47 km||2 hours 30 mins|
- How to reach Lindos
- How to reach Kefalos
- How to reach Karlovasi
- How to reach Katapola
- How to reach Sitia
- How to reach Santorini
- How to reach Imerovigli
- How to reach Lasithi
- How to reach Mykonos
- How to reach Athens
- How to reach Delphi
- How to reach Kassiopi
- How to reach Chania
- How to reach Sidari
- How to reach Corfu