Events and Festivals in Richmond
Events and Festivals in Richmond
No matter which time of year you visit Richmond, there is always something going on! Here are a few of their world famous and most popular annual festivals and events:
- Butterflies Live! A festival that celebrates the beauty of tropical butterflies! Get up close and personal with thousands of butterflies in the conservatory, an indoor exhibit that will stun you. The vibrant colors and beauty of butterflies in flight is truly something to celebrate. Happens in October at the North Wing of the Richmond Conservatory.
- Arts in the Park: A celebration of artists from the United States. The event happens in Byrd’s Park, and brings together 400+ artists who display their paintings, fine art, jeweler, weaving and everything in between in the outdoor setting of the beautiful park. Usually occurs in May.
- Richmond Dance Festival: Starting in May, this festival lasts all month long with performances, workshops, film screenings and master classes by some of the most influential and famed dancers from Richmond.
- Asian-American Festival: This festival aims at celebrating the Asian-American relationship through food, culture, art, music, dance and performances. Besides the authentic mouth-watering cuisine and vibrant colorful clothes, the festival also features concerts, parades and hands-on games and activities. The festival lays special emphasis on Asian games and sports.
- Jimmy Dean Music Festival: The first annual Jimmy Dean festival is scheduled to debut in May this year and will celebrate the life and work of Jimmy Dean. Hosted by Bill Andersen, the festival will feature performances by several famous artists as well as the late Mr. Dean’s widow, Donna Meade.
- Virginia Hops & Barley Fest: Celebrate beer! This festival is a tribute to the breweries around Virginia and features dozens of kinds of beer for you to sample and get in a tizzy over. Happens in May; a hot month for cold beer.
Trip plans for Richmond
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Richmond Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Richmond
3 Reviews Duration: 3 Hrs
Come explore the history of Richmond at some of its most famous sites, enjoy some its fabulous food and fabled stories. This ...
USD 41.34Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 4 Hrs
Try one of our Electric Bikes and experience an easy and scenic 28-Mile ride through theVirginia Capital Trail to Berkeley Pl...
USD 95Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 3 Hrs
Enjoy rafting on the James River under the city skyline. With the James River Park lining both banks of the river most ...
USD 60Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Cities Near Richmond
- Events & Festivals in Fort Eustis
- Events & Festivals in Hopeland
- Events & Festivals in Brunswick
- Events & Festivals in West Fallowfield Township
- Events & Festivals in Valley Township
- Events & Festivals in Lower Oxford Township
- Events & Festivals in Londonderry Township
- Events & Festivals in Hamilton Township
- Events & Festivals in East Goshen Township
- Events & Festivals in Highland Township
- Events & Festivals in Upper Oxford Township
- Events & Festivals in East Caln Township
- Events & Festivals in Cities around the world
- Events & Festivals in Mobile
- Events & Festivals in Tapah
- Events & Festivals in Elm City
- Events & Festivals in North Beach
- Events & Festivals in Mountain City
- Events & Festivals in Rock Springs
- Events & Festivals in Brookville
- Events & Festivals in Desoto
- Events & Festivals in Setúbal Municipality
- Events & Festivals in Putney