How to Reach Richmond, Virginia
The Easiest Way to Reach Richmond
- By Air: The Richmond International Airport is the busiest airport in Virginia, and serves most of the tourists who travel to the country. It is approximately 7 miles (11 kilometers) from downtown Richmond.
- By Road: Richmond is just off the I-95 and is frequented by people from Washington D.C, Maryland etc as a weekend getaway. It is approximately a 2 hour drive from Washington and Dulles International Airport.
- By Train: Amtrak has recently added Richmond to its lines of service. Richmond can be easily reached from Union Station.
- By Bus: Richmond is a major Hub for the Grey Hound Lines buses with its terminal connecting Richmond to New York, Washington, Raleigh etc.
- By Bus: To get the most out of your trip, there are various air conditioned tour buses that take you to all the most attractive tourist destinations. If you would like to plan your tour yourself the GRTC has several bus routes, many of which have stops at or next to the tourist attractions. However, planning your schedule and knowing which bus goes where is a little more hassle than most travelers would like to experience.
- By Car: Most major rent-a-car companies have opened up shop in the Richmond International Airport. Not only does this give you more scheduling freedom but it would also permit you to explore the surrounding areas since Richmond is on two major Interstate highways the I-95 and the I-64. Several major cities and tourist attractions are all in a 200 mile radius of Richmond including Washington, Virginia Beach, Baltimore etc.
- On Foot: If you would like to get up close and personal with the glorious architecture, cobblestone streets and dozens of monuments and don’t mind trudging, this is the best option for you. A walk by one of the trails that run parallel to the river is a must for anyone visiting Richmond for the first time.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Richmond and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Richmond
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Richmond. The most preferred mode of transport in Richmond is Car.
Average distance: 16.45 km Average time: 19.2 min
Car 66.67%Driving 20 min Overall average time for 24.94 kms 20 min
Bike 11.11%Bike 35 min Overall average time for 7.5 kms 35 min
Walking 22.22%Walking 10.5 min Driving 4.5 min Motorbike 0.5 min Bus 0.5 min Train 0.5 min Bike 0.5 min Tram 0.5 min Other 0.5 min Waiting 0.5 min Overall average time for 2.91 kms 18.5 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Richmond
- How to reach Williamsburg
- How to reach Charlottesville
- How to reach Virginia Beach
- How to reach Washington D. C.
- How to reach Baltimore
- How to reach Raleigh
- How to reach Rhoadesville
- How to reach Gloucester County
- How to reach Hartfield
- How to Reach Top Cities in United States
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach New York City
- How to reach Chicago
- How to reach Las Vegas
- How to reach San Francisco
- How to reach Big Sur
- How to reach Monterey
- How to reach Centralia
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Basti
- How to reach Metz
- How to reach St. Johns