Maymont ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: 1700 Hampton St, Richmond, VA 23220, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8043587166
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Landmark, Estate, Family And Kids, Mansion
The Maymont Estate is a historic landmark in Richmond. Prior to it being declared a public park, it was a 100 acre mansion belonging to James and Sallie Dooley. In 1925, the Maymont estate was gifted to the government, turned into a public park and is now the most visited attraction in Richmond. Apart from the grand 33 room house, the property also sports a Japanese Garden, wildlife exhibits, Children’s Farm and a Nature Visitor Centre to name a few. The best way to see a majority of the estate would be to take the hop on hop off tram to different points in the park and then opt for a guided tour of the mansion.
- While entry to the grounds is free, tram rides and carriage rides cost USD 3 and 5 respectively.
- Mansion- USD 5 per person suggested donation; Children’s Farm Bar- USD 4 per person suggested donation.
- Nature and Visitor Centre Exhibits Youth & Adults (13-59) USD 3 and Seniors (60+) and Children (4-12) USD 2.
- Free for Maymont members and kids under 4 years old.
- Guided tours on the hour and half-hour, last tour begins at 4:30 pm
- Mansion- Tuesday to Sunday 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm; Children’s Farm Barn- Tuesday to Sunday 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm; Nature and Visitor Centre Exhibits- Tuesday to Sunday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (last entry at 4:45 pm); Gardens- Hampton Street and Spottswood Road entrances open until 7:00 pm from mid-March through October, weather permitting.
- Selba (American and International cuisines)
- Acacia Midtown (American food served)
- O'Toole's (American and Irish food served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Richmond before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Richmond and book an accommodation of your choice.
70.5% of people who visit Richmond include Maymont Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
87.72% of people start their Maymont Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Maymont Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Maymont Park
Just an absolutely beautiful place. The park is massive, I was at the time of my last visit, it was during the light show on the Japanese garden, all the visitors came back impressed. I would recommend this park for a family or romantic outing.
This place is beautiful. There is so much to see and do. I love the animals and nature center. The people working there are extremely nice and helpful as well. The house is stunning. I highly recommend this place to everyone who can visit.
We've been coming here for years and just love it! The free or small admission fee makes it a great value, the animals are fun, the trails are great, the gardens are beautiful....it's a wonderful place for the entire family. Pack a picnic and enjoy the afternoon.
The best place in Richmond for a picnic or nature walk or pet zoo . Everyone in the family can find something to see. Very clean and we'll maintained environment. Friendly staffs and their animals too. This place always amazed us in every time we go. If you love photography make a visit in fall and spring.
The park is free to walk through but there are exhibits inside the main building for a fee. Beautiful gardens and animals to view. Great place to take a family, especially with young children.