Monument Avenue, Richmond
About Monument Avenue, Richmond
Monument Avenue, Richmond - Address
Address: Monument Avenue from Lombardy Street to North Thompson Street, Richmond, VA 23220,23221
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 4.5K times in trip plans
Walking Area, Monument, Statue, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Like the name suggests, Monument Avenue is one of things you have to experience on foot, especially if you’re a tourist. Monument Avenue is the only street in all of the United States that has made it to the list of the National Register of Historic Places. The statue of Robert E.Lee was the first one to be erected here; between 1920 and 1925, the neighbourhood was slowly and gradually showed signs of a fine example of development by way of the houses, churches and the foliage that all played a part in getting the avenue on the National Register.
Monument Avenue Information
- Since it’s a neighbourhood, there’s no ticket price or stipulated hours of function.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Richmond before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Richmond and book an accommodation of your choice.
Monument Avenue, Richmond Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Plaza Azteca
- Charm School
- Union Station
- Richmond Main Street Station
- The National
- Sub Rosa Bakery
- Plant Zero Cafe
- Highland Springs Church-christ
- Richmond Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Richmond
- What to See in 48 Hours in Richmond
- What to See in 72 Hours in Richmond
- How to Spend 5 Days in Richmond
- How to Spend 6 Days in Richmond
- How to Spend 7 Days in Richmond