Virginia State Capitol, Richmond
About Virginia State Capitol, Richmond
Virginia State Capitol, Richmond - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1000 Bank Street, Richmond, VA 23219-3673, United States
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 4.1K times in trip plans
Statue, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Not many know this, but the Virginia State Capitol is the second oldest functioning capitol in the United States. Designed 1785 by Thomas Jefferson, he based the structure of the capitol on his inspiration, a Roman temple Maison Carree. The architecture of the capitol is indeed a thing of beauty and worth ogling at. The busts of the seven Virginia born presidents grace the hall along with a life like statue of George Washington, probably the only one scaled to size in all of the United States. Open to the public, this symbol of governance should certainly make it on your itinerary; the best way to see the capitol is through a guided tour that takes place every hour.
Virginia State Capitol Ticket Prices
- The entry is free.
Virginia State Capitol Opening and Closing Hours
- On Sundays, the Capitol is open from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm.
- Guided tours take place every hour, the last one departing at 4:00 pm.
- You can also visit between 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Restaurants Near Virginia State Capitol
- Tobacco Company Restaurant and Club (American food served)
- Bistro Bobette
- Sam Miller's Restaurant (Italian, seafood and steaks recommended)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Richmond before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Richmond and book an accommodation of your choice.
Virginia State Capitol, Richmond Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Barker Field
- Deep Run Park
- Virginia War Memorial
- Monroe Park
- Pony Pasture Rapids Park
- Tuckahoe Plantation
- Riverfront Canal Cruises
- Real Escape Room Richmond
- The Byrd Theatre
- Richmond Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Richmond
- What to See in 48 Hours in Richmond
- What to See in 72 Hours in Richmond
- How to Spend 5 Days in Richmond
- How to Spend 6 Days in Richmond
- How to Spend 7 Days in Richmond