How to Reach Riga
The Easiest Way to Reach Riga
- By Air: Riga being the capital of Latvia has a very busy international airport, catering to almost all the major airline carriers. You could either avail of a taxi or a bus service to get to town from the airport.
- By Bus: Bus services from all over Europe provide buses to and from Riga. If you’re coming from a neighbouring country or city, the bus is the best way to travel, especially if you’re on a budget.
- By Train: Latvian Railways provides many a trains that arrive at Riga from either elsewhere in Latvia or from neighbouring countries. You could book the train tickets online but you need to collect the actual ticket from the station.
- There’s a daily ferry service that runs between Stockholm and Riga.
- By Taxi: Like most European cities, vehicles aren’t allowed in the old town area except taxis.
- On Foot: The best way to see Riga is on foot. Be warned though; during the rains, streets are known to experience ankle length flooding.
- By Tram/Bus: Riga has a good system of public system ranging from trams, buses and minibuses. If you’re planning to use the public transport frequently, it’s economical to buy day passes.
- By Train: If you’re planning to see the nearby towns around Riga, taking the train is your best bet.
- By Bicycle: A popular way to see Riga is on bicycle; there are several self service stands that are placed all over the city. Alternatively, you could also ask the hotel you’re staying at if they have a bicycle rental plan.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Riga and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Riga
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Riga. The most preferred mode of transport in Riga is Car.
Average distance: 9.06 km Average time: 34.26 min
Car 45%Driving 26.72 min Walking 1.28 min Overall average time for 10.4 kms 28 min
Walking 15%Walking 56.5 min Driving 4.17 min Overall average time for 7.23 kms 60.67 min
Tram/Streetcar 2.5%Tram 20 min Walking 5 min Waiting 3 min Overall average time for 5 kms 28 min
Bus/Trolleybus 20%Bus 27.63 min Walking 8.25 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 9.75 kms 40.88 min
Bike 10%Bike 18.5 min Walking 0.5 min Other 0.25 min Overall average time for 5.48 kms 19.25 min
Train/Metro 2.5%Train 12 min Overall average time for 14 kms 12 min
- How to reach Cities Near Riga
- How to reach Balvi
- How to reach Baldone
- How to reach Ragana
- How to reach Brocēni
- How to reach Ikskile Secondary School
- How to reach Loja
- How to reach Liepaja Bus Station
- How to reach Carnikava
- How to reach Talsi
- How to reach Ineši
- How to reach Stende
- How to reach Ulbroka
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Crest Hill
- How to reach Kampala
- How to reach Ithaca
- How to reach Walpole
- How to reach Marquette
- How to reach Cordele
- How to reach Terre Haute
- How to reach San Luis Obispo
- How to reach Springdale
- How to reach North Miami