Basilica Cattedrale243 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via Quattro novembre, 35, 47900 Rimini, Italy Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-054151130
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
The Tempio Malatestiano (Italian Malatesta Temple) is the cathedral church of Rimini, built during the 15th Century. Officially dedicated to St. Francis, it takes its popular name from Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta, who commissioned its reconstruction by the famous Renaissance theorist and architect Leon Battista Alberti around 1450. The original church had to be reconstructed as a personal mausoleum for Sigismondo Malatests and his lover. The church stands out because of its wide marble façade that is decorated with beautiful sculptures. The interior too, is tastefully done.
How to Reach Basilica Cattedrale
- Nearest Bus Stop: Alberti
- Gramsci Santa Rita
- Pizzeria Del 2000 Di Tiraferri Edoardo E Harry Snc
- China Town
- Ristorante Sole Cinese
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rimini before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rimini and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Basilica Cattedrale Address: Via Quattro novembre, 35, 47900 Rimini, Italy
- Basilica Cattedrale Contact Number: +39-054151130
- Basilica Cattedrale Timing: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Basilica Cattedrale(preferred time): 09:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Basilica Cattedrale: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
45.76% of people who visit Rimini include Basilica Cattedrale in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
44.64% of people start their Basilica Cattedrale visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Basilica Cattedrale
92.06% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilica Cattedrale
People normally club together Piazza Cavour and Shopping Center Le Befane while planning their visit to Basilica Cattedrale.