How to Reach Rimini
- By Air: Rimini’s very own Aeroporto Internazionale Federico Fellinio di Rimini-San Marino is a well maintained, fully functional international airport. Budget flights operate to a number of major cities in Europe. It has a Rimini tourist information office, and a bus service that connects the airport with Rimini railway station.
- By Train: Rimini’s railway network connects cities like Bologna, Ancona and further down to other destinations on the Adriatic coast. Superfast trains are available at a slightly more expensive fare. The trains are a great way to experience the beauty of the coast of Italy. The other seaside resorts nearby are on the same railway line, making it easy to visit the rest of the coast.
- By Bus: Buses also serve Rimini’s surrounding towns, spanking new buses run the length as far south as Riccione, and other buses also head into the inland region. Visitors will find several buses running to the Republic of San Marino on a daily basis and in summer there are also direct buses to other towns of interest like San Leo and Urbino. During the off season you may have to rely on regular public transport.
- By Bus: Buses in Rimini are frequent and inexpensive. They connect across various routes in the city. During summers, additional buses are added to meet the touristic rush.
- On Foot: Most hotels are situated close to each other and in proximity of the attractions. Rimini is best explored on feet – its subtle charm is visible on every street corner. Go solo or join in on a walking tour and watch Rimini’s beauty unfold layer by layer. After sunbathing, this could turn out to be the most interesting thing to do in Rimini.
- By Bike: Rimini is small enough to be explored on feet or on a bicycle. Be your own Rimini travel guide as you pedal from one attraction to the other and explore this wonderland to find nooks that are as beautiful as the city they hide in.
You can even rent bikes and scooters from various kiosks on Piazzale Kennedy. Free bikes are also available from Rimini's municipal offices at Corso d'Augusto.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Rimini. The most preferred mode of transport in Rimini is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 5.3 km Average time: 18 min
Bus/Trolleybus 50%Bus 21 min Waiting 5 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 8.6 kms 31 min
Car 50%Driving 5 min Overall average time for 2 kms 5 min