Cristo Redentor On Corcovado, Rio De Janeiro
About Cristo Redentor On Corcovado, Rio De Janeiro
Cristo Redentor On Corcovado, Rio De Janeiro - Address, Phone Number
Address: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 26.2K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Mountain, Landmark, View Point, Walking Area, Monument, Statue, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
When you think of Brazil, Christ the redeemer is the first thing that comes to mind. The most identifiable structure in Brazil and South America for that matter, the enormous statue of Christ the Redeemer atop Corcovado Mountain is something of a national landmark.
The location attracts three hundred thousand tourists on an annual basis and this is just a small indication of the significance of this iconic landmark. The top of the mountain is a natural granite dome which presents the best views of the entire city. One can see the favelas, the beaches and a bird’s eye view of the city, but it is recommended that one chooses a sunny day to visit Corcovado. Cloud covering can easily dampen a typical Rio day and hence one should certainly not try and visit here when there is a cloud cover.
The third largest statue of Christ and the largest art deco structure in the world, this eight meter tall statue was erected between 1926 and 1931. Constructed out of soapstone and concrete, Cristo Redentor is a symbol of the Christian influence in Brazil.
Probably the most popular attraction in Brazil, the place sees over three thousand tourists every year who come here to witness its ambience. It charges a certain amount of Cristo Redentor on Corcovado Ticket Prices to enter the place. The Cristo Redentor on Corcovado Tickets are available on the venue itself. It is best to visit early if you wish to Buy Tickets for Cristo Redentor on Corcovado without any hustle. There Cristo Redentor on Corcovado Tickets Costs varies for adults and children and gets even less you are going by hired car or taxi.
Cristo Redentor On Corcovado Ticket Prices
- Adults- R$ 46.00 , Children- R$ 23.00 (from 06 to 12 years old)
- Pick out a day when there is minimal cloud cover. Just look up at the Corcovado from wherever you are in the city and check if there is haze.
- The ticket price given is for the van or train that takes you to the top of the hill. If you take your own car or taxi the admission fee is reduced.
Cristo Redentor On Corcovado Opening and Closing Hours
- Best time to visit is morning.
How To reach Cristo Redentor On Corcovado by Public Transport
- Train ride to Corcovado leaves every half hour.
Restaurants Near Cristo Redentor On Corcovado
- Lagoon – Contemporary
- Rotisseria Sirio Libanesa – Lebanese
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cristo Redentor On Corcovado, Rio De Janeiro Reviews - Write a Review
One of the best views of Rio! It's a must go place in the city. Great place to go with family and friends and take great pictures with the statue and the city in the background. There's a beautiful skyline too, where you can see the Sugar Loaf and the many beaches Rio has. Absolutely amazing! But beware, don't go when the weather is not clear or you might see just clouds and fog everywhere you look from up there. The train ticket can be bought online and has some discounts for cariocas.
Really amazing views from the top and a chance to take some stunning photos of Rio. It is a RIDICULOUS price for the train however 75r per person, not bad if you're on holiday but quite a lot for a travelling budget. The top is FULL of tourist so you'll be fighting to get a good picture, but if you succeed, it will definitely be worth it. A decent tourist trap!
- Great views of the city! - Buy tickets online to gain priority boarding 👍 - Great ride on the train (sit on the right side for the better views) - Crowd control is fine. Many ppl but doesn't feel too crowded. - Two cafe options for a quick drink before coming down.
I've been here 3 times spread across ~15 years and access to the statue has changed a lot. Nowadays, access is more regulated than it used to be. That said, it's an amazing statue and gets 5 stars.
It is really cool to see Rio in 360°. Everything looked so small from up there. Especially nice if you have been to places in Rio already and you can see them from up there.
- Nearby Attractions
- Tour Service
- Travessa Do Ouvidor
- Rua Aprazível
- Copacabana Fort
- Quinta Da Boa Vista As Featured In Rio De Janeiro For Young Kids And 1 Other Guide
- Praça Floriano
- Avenida São Sebastião
- Favela Receptiva
- Rio De Janeiro Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Rio De Janeiro
- What to See in 48 Hours in Rio De Janeiro
- What to See in 72 Hours in Rio De Janeiro
- How to Spend 5 Days in Rio De Janeiro
- How to Spend 6 Days in Rio De Janeiro
- How to Spend 7 Days in Rio De Janeiro