Cristo Redentor On Corcovado2967 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2125581329
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Landmark, View Point, Walking Area, Monument, Statue, Family And Kids, Nature
When you think of Brazil, Christ the redeemer is the first thing that comes to mind. The most identifiable structure in Brazil and South America for that matter, the enormous statue of Christ the Redeemer atop Corcovado Mountain is something of a national landmark.
The location attracts three hundred thousand tourists on an annual basis and this is just a small indication of the significance of this iconic landmark. The top of the mountain is a natural granite dome which presents the best views of the entire city. One can see the favelas, the beaches and a bird’s eye view of the city, but it is recommended that one chooses a sunny day to visit Corcovado. Cloud covering can easily dampen a typical Rio day and hence one should certainly not try and visit here when there is a cloud cover.
The third largest statue of Christ and the largest art deco structure in the world, this eight meter tall statue was erected between 1926 and 1931. Constructed out of soapstone and concrete, Cristo Redentor is a symbol of the Christian influence in Brazil.
Probably the most popular attraction in Brazil, the place sees over three thousand tourists every year who come here to witness its ambience. It charges a certain amount of Cristo Redentor on Corcovado Ticket Prices to enter the place. The Cristo Redentor on Corcovado Tickets are available on the venue itself. It is best to visit early if you wish to Buy Tickets for Cristo Redentor on Corcovado without any hustle. There Cristo Redentor on Corcovado Tickets Costs varies for adults and children and gets even less you are going by hired car or taxi. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Rio De Janeiro Itinerary 5 Days.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cristo Redentor On Corcovado
- Adults- R$ 46.00 , Children- R$ 23.00 (from 06 to 12 years old)
- Pick out a day when there is minimal cloud cover. Just look up at the Corcovado from wherever you are in the city and check if there is haze.
- The ticket price given is for the van or train that takes you to the top of the hill. If you take your own car or taxi the admission fee is reduced.
Cristo Redentor On Corcovado Hours
- Best time to visit is morning.
How to Reach Cristo Redentor On Corcovado
- Train ride to Corcovado leaves every half hour.
- Lagoon – Contemporary
- Rotisseria Sirio Libanesa – Lebanese
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Cristo Redentor On Corcovado Address: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Cristo Redentor On Corcovado Contact Number: +55-2125581329
- Cristo Redentor On Corcovado Timing: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Cristo Redentor On Corcovado(preferred time): 04:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Cristo Redentor On Corcovado: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
71% of people who visit Rio De Janeiro include Cristo Redentor On Corcovado in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
76.58% of people start their Cristo Redentor On Corcovado visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cristo Redentor On Corcovado
91.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cristo Redentor On Corcovado
People normally club together Sugarloaf Mountain and Jardim Botanico while planning their visit to Cristo Redentor On Corcovado.
People also prefer to start their day with Cristo Redentor On Corcovado.