Engenhao StadiumCurrently Open
- Address: Rua Jose dos Reis 425, Engenho de Dentro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 55-2125461950
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Engenhao Stadium with a capacity of 46,831 seats is one of the important stadiums in Rio di Janerio and is used for a variety of sports. The official name is Estadio Olimpico João Havelange but it is better known by its nickname Engenhao. The stadium officially opened in 2007 and has become quite significant to the football scene in Brazil. We all know how crazy Brazilian fans get about football but if you do want to experience this first hand you might want to visit this stadium.
Even though it is located about 20 kilometers away from the city centre, the fans will do what it takes to reach her to watch a game. The best way to visit a stadium is during a game. The atmosphere is sure to be electric. Be sure to get your tickets in advance and enjoy the craziness that ensues. The 2016 Olympics and Paralympics will see this stadium in all its glory as it will be a key venue for the same.
Even if you just want to see the stadium it is worth the trip. Structurally, the stadium is quite beautiful to look at. The oval shaped roof that covers the grandstands looks simply stunning when lit up at night.
Engenhao Stadium Travel Tips
- Tips & Warnings: The stadium is a bit far from the city and the parking is pricey. The best way to go about it is to take the train.
- The stadium has been shut down after some structural problems were seen in March 2013. It is closed for renovation so the timings are not currently available.
- The museum is well equipped for people with special needs.
- Ticket prices will vary according to the game. The high profile games are bound to cost more.
How to Reach Engenhao Stadium
- Train: Egenho de Dentro
- Red green and blue lines
- Restaurante Santo Costa
- Di Carlos Pizzaria Norte-Grill Inhauma
- Subway (in Shopping Nova America)
- Engenhao Stadium Address: Rua Jose dos Reis 425, Engenho de Dentro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Engenhao Stadium Contact Number: 55-2125461950
- Engenhao Stadium Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Engenhao Stadium(preferred time): 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Engenhao Stadium: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.91% of people who visit Rio De Janeiro include Engenhao Stadium in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
57.89% of people start their Engenhao Stadium visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Engenhao Stadium
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Engenhao Stadium
People normally club together Estadio Do Maracana and Cidade De Deus while planning their visit to Engenhao Stadium.