How to Reach Rio De Janeiro
The Easiest Way to Reach Rio De Janeiro
HOW TO GET TO RIO DE JANEIRO
- By Air: Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport serves the city for both international flights. If you are coming from within Brazil you might get flights from all major cities to Santos Dumas Airport. Airport Transfers have standard pre-decided rats and are a good option. If you take a taxi from the Rio de Janeiro airport be sure to negotiate the price in advance.
- By bus: Premium buses like 2018 Aeroporto Internacional do RJ/Alvorada (Via Orla da Zona Sul), 2918 Aeroporto Internacional do RJ/Alvorada (Via Linha Amarela), 2145 Aeroporto Internacional do RJ/Aeroporto Santos Dumont (Via Seletiva da Av. Brasil/Av. Pres. Vargas) and 2101 Aeroporto Internacional do RJ/Aeroporto Santos Dumont (Via Linha Vermelha e Perimetral) operate from many cities and can get you to your destination.
HOW TO GET AROUND RIO DE JANEIRO
- By Bus: Busses are the most important means of transportation for exploring all tourist places in Rio de Janeiro. Public transportation in Rio de Janeiro is frequent and cheap.
- Other Public transport: Other forms of public transport like metros are slowly gaining momentum. You may not find them everywhere but they are worth considering.
- Drive: Driving around is not the best option. Remember that the city is quite crowded and there is constant traffic jams so parking and driving tend to be a bit of a pain.
- Cycling: Cycling is a decent option as you can hire a bike and there are plenty of cycle tracks around the city. The destination can be explored on bike fairly easily and makes a way to sightsee the city to its fullest.
Modes of Transportation in Rio De Janeiro
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Rio De Janeiro. The most preferred mode of transport in Rio De Janeiro is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 16.77 km Average time: 54.84 min
Bus/Trolleybus 40.3%Bus 44.74 min Waiting 7.56 min Walking 6.48 min Train 2.59 min Other 1.56 min Overall average time for 16.07 kms 62.93 min
Train/Metro 11.94%Train 27.88 min Walking 9.25 min Waiting 4.63 min Bus 0.63 min Overall average time for 12.44 kms 42.38 min
Car 34.33%Driving 55 min Walking 1.57 min Overall average time for 21.69 kms 56.57 min
Walking 8.96%Walking 17.5 min Train 6.33 min Waiting 1.67 min Bus 1.67 min Driving 1.33 min Overall average time for 6.8 kms 28.5 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Brasilia
- How To Reach Gramado
- How To Reach Ouro Preto
- How To Reach Maceio
- How To Reach Florianopolis
- How To Reach Balneario Camboriu
- How To Reach Bonito
- How To Reach Aracaju
- How To Reach Porto Seguro
- How To Reach Manaus
- Cities Near Rio De Janeiro
- How To Reach Belo Horizonte
- How To Reach Recife
- How To Reach Joao Pessoa
- How To Reach Belem
- How To Reach Porto Alegre
- How To Reach Campos Do Jordao
- How To Reach Armacao Dos Buzios
- How To Reach Foz Do Iguacu
- How To Reach Petropolis
- How To Reach Curitiba