How to Reach Rio De Janeiro
HOW TO GET TO RIO DE JANEIRO
- By Air: Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport serves the city for both international flights. If you are coming from within Brazil you might get flights from all major cities to Santos Dumas Airport. Airport Transfers have standard pre-decided rats and are a good option. If you take a taxi from the Rio de Janeiro airport be sure to negotiate the price in advance.
- By bus: Premium buses like 2018 Aeroporto Internacional do RJ/Alvorada (Via Orla da Zona Sul), 2918 Aeroporto Internacional do RJ/Alvorada (Via Linha Amarela), 2145 Aeroporto Internacional do RJ/Aeroporto Santos Dumont (Via Seletiva da Av. Brasil/Av. Pres. Vargas) and 2101 Aeroporto Internacional do RJ/Aeroporto Santos Dumont (Via Linha Vermelha e Perimetral) operate from many cities and can get you to your destination.
HOW TO GET AROUND RIO DE JANEIRO
- By Bus: Busses are the most important means of transportation for exploring all tourist places in Rio de Janeiro. Public transportation in Rio de Janeiro is frequent and cheap.
- Other Public transport: Other forms of public transport like metros are slowly gaining momentum. You may not find them everywhere but they are worth considering.
- Drive: Driving around is not the best option. Remember that the city is quite crowded and there is constant traffic jams so parking and driving tend to be a bit of a pain.
- Cycling: Cycling is a decent option as you can hire a bike and there are plenty of cycle tracks around the city. The destination can be explored on bike fairly easily and makes a way to sightsee the city to its fullest.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Rio De Janeiro. The most preferred mode of transport in Rio De Janeiro is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 17.58 km Average time: 52.22 min
Bus/Trolleybus 39.22%Bus 42.45 min Waiting 7.08 min Walking 6.98 min Train 2.5 min Other 1.8 min Overall average time for 17.35 kms 60.8 min
Train/Metro 15.69%Train 26.06 min Walking 7.81 min Waiting 3.31 min Bus 0.31 min Other 0.13 min Overall average time for 11.52 kms 37.63 min
Bike 0.98%Bike 25 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 6 kms 30 min
Car 34.31%Driving 52.71 min Walking 1.17 min Overall average time for 23.34 kms 53.89 min
Walking 5.88%Walking 18.33 min Train 5 min Waiting 1.67 min Bus 1.67 min Driving 1.33 min Overall average time for 3.63 kms 28 min