Jardim Botanico, Rio De Janeiro
About Jardim Botanico, Rio De Janeiro
Jardim Botanico, Rio De Janeiro - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: R. Jardim Botanico, 1008 - Jardim Botanico, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22460-030, Brazil
Ticket Price: 7 BRL
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 17.1K times in trip plans
Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The ‘Jardim Botanico’ or Botanical Garden of Rio de Janeiro has a serene landscape that offers respite from the city. The garden is home to hundreds of varieties of flora from Brazil and around the world. Set on 140 hectares, the park is home to several bird and small animal species. There is a Visitor’s Centre on the premises where one can plan how best to explore the lush greenscape. There are also several water bodies and fountains around the garden. The shade provided by the trees and comfortable park benches make for a nice place to sit and relax. There is a children’s playground for kids under 10 to play. Other highlights of the park are the Old Gunpowder Factory, the Victoria Lilies in the Lago Frei Leandro pond, the Amazon Region and the Japanese Garden. Some other attractions worth checking out nearby are the Parque Lage and the Escola Parque. You will also find several sculptures located around the garden. This place is not very crowded and is mostly visited by locals and families on the weekends.
Jardim Botanico Information
- Bike racks and paid parking are available for visitors.
- Electric cars for trips to the Arboretum cater only to people over 60, those with special needs with a companion and to pregnant women.
- Begin your tour at the Visitor’s Centre.
- Look for an interesting view of Christ the Redeemer from the garden.
Jardim Botanico Ticket Prices
- Normal: 10 BRL
- Half price for: Students, Disabled, Youths (below 21), low income youth and Aged people (above 60)
- Free for: children (below 5 years), school visits
Jardim Botanico Opening and Closing Hours
- Mondays: 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Museum Hours (Tuesday to Sunday): 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- During DST ticket office is open till 6 pm
- Arboretum is closed on December 25 and January 1 and special holidays.
How To reach Jardim Botanico by Public Transport
- Bus Stop: Rua Jardim Botanico próximo ao 138
Restaurants Near Jardim Botanico
- La Bicyclette
- Cafe No Jardim Botanico
- Rubaiyat Rio
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jardim Botanico, Rio De Janeiro Reviews - Write a Review
One of the best places in Rio. It's usually quite peaceful, other than some weekends when there are lots of kids, but it's a large place and you can still find quiet places. It closes at 5pm, so get there early. And as far as I know, you can't have picnics there. There are beautiful statues that work as water fountains, but no snack bar. Bring a little something if you plan to stay long. Love the botanical garden!
Such a beautiful Park great place to go if you want some peace and quiet. Lovely to take your kids let them run around and check out the awesome exhibits. There is a beautiful Trail that has tons of waterfalls and leads to the back of the park. Beautiful flowers a nice little cafe I highly recommend this place to any Family touring Rio !
One of the most incredible places on earth. A sanctuary in the lively city of Rio de Janeiro. There are an incredible variety of plants in the garden, with many large old trees. I have come to Jardim Botanico several times on my visits to Brazil and it is a must for anyone coming to Rio. Everytime you visit there is something new to see and explore.
The collection is really impressive, but there are just a few signs identifying the plants. Also, avoiding going on a rainy day like we did. The paths get quite flooded.
This place is huge to see everything definitely takes an entire day or multiple day trips. Also very historical, a lot of the gardens are from the 19th century. It was very interesting to see such a lush Garden in the middle of the bustling City. The Japanese Garden in the Orchid Garden were the best parts of the garden for us. It is a lot of walking so wear comfortable shoes.
- Nearby Attractions
- Tour Service
- Travessa Do Ouvidor
- Rua Aprazível
- Copacabana Fort
- Quinta Da Boa Vista As Featured In Rio De Janeiro For Young Kids And 1 Other Guide
- Praça Floriano
- Avenida São Sebastião
- Favela Receptiva
- Rio De Janeiro Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Rio De Janeiro
- What to See in 48 Hours in Rio De Janeiro
- What to See in 72 Hours in Rio De Janeiro
- How to Spend 5 Days in Rio De Janeiro
- How to Spend 6 Days in Rio De Janeiro
- How to Spend 7 Days in Rio De Janeiro