Jardim BotanicoCurrently Closed
- Address: R. Jardim Botanico, 1008 - Jardim Botanico, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22460-030, Brazil
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2138741808
- Ticket Price: 7 BRL
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
The ‘Jardim Botanico’ or Botanical Garden of Rio de Janeiro has a serene landscape that offers respite from the city. The garden is home to hundreds of varieties of flora from Brazil and around the world. Set on 140 hectares, the park is home to several bird and small animal species. There is a Visitor’s Centre on the premises where one can plan how best to explore the lush greenscape. There are also several water bodies and fountains around the garden. The shade provided by the trees and comfortable park benches make for a nice place to sit and relax. There is a children’s playground for kids under 10 to play. Other highlights of the park are the Old Gunpowder Factory, the Victoria Lilies in the Lago Frei Leandro pond, the Amazon Region and the Japanese Garden. Some other attractions worth checking out nearby are the Parque Lage and the Escola Parque. You will also find several sculptures located around the garden. This place is not very crowded and is mostly visited by locals and families on the weekends. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Rio De Janeiro Itinerary 5 Days.
- Bike racks and paid parking are available for visitors.
- Electric cars for trips to the Arboretum cater only to people over 60, those with special needs with a companion and to pregnant women.
- Begin your tour at the Visitor’s Centre.
- Look for an interesting view of Christ the Redeemer from the garden.
- Normal: 10 BRL
- Half price for: Students, Disabled, Youths (below 21), low income youth and Aged people (above 60)
- Free for: children (below 5 years), school visits
- Mondays: 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Museum Hours (Tuesday to Sunday): 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- During DST ticket office is open till 6 pm
- Arboretum is closed on December 25 and January 1 and special holidays.
- Bus Stop: Rua Jardim Botanico próximo ao 138
- La Bicyclette
- Cafe No Jardim Botanico
- Rubaiyat Rio
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
62.01% of people who visit Rio De Janeiro include Jardim Botanico in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
60.13% of people start their Jardim Botanico visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Jardim Botanico
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jardim Botanico
Stunning botanical garden in the heart of Rio. Themes range from palm-lined avenues to Atlantic rain forests. The most beautiful orchids as well. Near public transport bus stops, although a little far from the metro. Be sure to buy a Rio-Card for these at any tram or metro station, as they are different from the Metro-Card used on the subways. For the rest (all of it), the Rio-Card is good.
Beautiful gardens, providing cooling shade and tranquility in the midst of a busy manic city. Lots of different plants to see and lots of opportunities for photographs. Maps in English available but also good signage throughout the gardens. Staff very friendly and helpful including the security team.
Worth visiting to get some peace in the middle of the city. Beautiful palm trees from the imperial times... Nice to hang and chill out.
Thoroughly enjoyed visiting the Botanical Gardens. A great variety of tropical plants that as a European had never seen before. There is a small shuttle which can drop you off at one of 5 or 6 points. The area is very flat and easy to walk in. Also very safe as completely gated complex.
The restaurant is very good and the garden is pretty clear and beautiful. Staff is very gentle. One of the best places in Rio