Praia Vermelha224 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Urca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Entertainment
Praia Vermelha or Red Beach a small and beautiful beach in the heart of the city. The sands on the beach appear almost red at sunset, which is what led to the name. The beach is quiet on most weekdays and ideal for a leisurely stroll or relaxing day in the sun. The beach is located between two hills and the views are simply spectacular. It is the starting point for the Cable Car to Morro Do Urca and Sugarloaf Mountain. There are several restaurants and kiosks along the beach where one can get snack and refreshments. The Claudio Coutinho Trail is located very close to the beach.
Praia Vermelha Travel Tips
- The beach is quite safe although avoid going at night.
- Forgo the usual cold drinks and sip on coconut water from one of the kiosks on the beach.
How to Reach Praia Vermelha
- Bus Stop: Avenida Pasteur proximo ao 458
- Metro Station: Botafogo
- Terra Brasilis
- Circulo Militar da Praia Vermelha
- Abencoado Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Praia Vermelha Address: Urca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Praia Vermelha Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Praia Vermelha(preferred time): 02:00 pm - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Praia Vermelha: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people start their Praia Vermelha visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Praia Vermelha