Rio De Janeiro Cathedral774 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Av. Republica do Chile - Centro, Rio de Janeiro, 20031-170, Brazil
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2122402669
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Cathedral
The Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint Sebastian is best known for being the seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro. Built between 1964 and 1979, the church is extremely well known for its unusual construction.
The designers utilized extremely modernistic influences when constructing the cathedral. Shaped in a conical manner, there are rectangular stained glass walls that extend from the top to the bottom. The eclectic design attracts tourists from far and wide. Whether you are an art lover or culture seeker this place is certainly one of the must see locations in the city.
Rio De Janeiro Cathedral Travel Tips
- The main hall of the church has a capacity of accommodating around twenty thousand people standing up.
How to Reach Rio De Janeiro Cathedral
- Rio Centro station
- Quick Galetos – Brazilian
- Alloro Ristorante – Italian
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.19% of people who visit Rio De Janeiro include Rio De Janeiro Cathedral in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
68.97% of people start their Rio De Janeiro Cathedral visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Rio De Janeiro Cathedral
70% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rio De Janeiro Cathedral