Sugarloaf MountainCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: Avenida Pasteur, 520 - Urca, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 04719-001, Brazil
- Timings: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2125468433
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Nature
Sugarloaf Mountain - Review
The Sugarloaf Mountain is as much a landmark on the skyline of Rio as is the Christ the Redeemer statue. It is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the country. There is a state-of-the-art cable car system that plies passenger to and from the peak. The mountain rises 1,299 ft. above the harbour and appears to grow right out of the ocean. The viewpoint at the peak offers spectacular views of the city and its beaches and mountains. The Sugarloaf Mountain along with the nearby mountains, Morro da Babilonia and Morro da Urca, forms one of the most popular urban rock climbing areas in the world. There are several climbing routes here and visitors will often see professional climbers scale these peaks.
The Sugarloaf Mountain in Rio De Janeiro Brazil offers you mesmerizing views of the city. Being a natural attraction, there are no tickets for Sugarloaf Mountain. However, if you book tickets for Sugarloaf Mountain tours with us, you are bound to get the best information possible. Sugarloaf Mountain tickets are the best way to explore the beauty of Rio De Janeiro. Sugarloaf Mountain ticket prices are easily available with us at all times. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Rio De Janeiro Itinerary 5 Days.
Sugarloaf Mountain Information
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- There are shops selling souvenirs here.
- Snacks and beverages are available here.
Sugarloaf Mountain Ticket Prices
- Ticket prices are included in the cable car ticket price.
Sugarloaf Mountain Opening and Closing Hours
- Hours are dependent on the timings of the Cable Car operation schedule.
How To reach Sugarloaf Mountain by Public Transport
- Take the cable car from Praia Vermelha.
Restaurants Near Sugarloaf Mountain
- Pao de Acucar Gourmet
- Restaurante Garota De Ipanema
- Bar Abencoado
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sugarloaf Mountain
95% of people who visit Rio De Janeiro include Sugarloaf Mountain in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
34.7% of people start their Sugarloaf Mountain visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Sugarloaf Mountain
85.32% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sugarloaf Mountain
Sugarloaf Mountain Sightseeing Tours
Sugarloaf Mountain Aerial Tours
Sugarloaf Mountain Adventure & Sports
Sugarloaf Mountain Map
Sugarloaf Mountain Trips
Sugarloaf Mountain, Rio De Janeiro Reviews
Sugarloaf mountain is a couplet of mountains within the periphery of Rio. The beauty is that there are cable cars to travel to these mountain tops. That journey itself is enjoyable as it gives a wonderful view of whole Rio from the top. The evening sunset scene and the lighted beaches are pretty awesome sights. The illuminated statue of Christ The Redeemer also looks very beautiful from a distance. If you happen to be in Rio, do not miss out this place.
I've been to the summit 3 times. First time I went up the shortest mountain by foot (which I recommend btw) and then took the cable car to reach the peak of the Sugarloaf. On the way to the first mountain I met many of these cute, little monkeys with white hair on their head. So adorable :). The view from the Sugarloaf will not disappoint you.
Arguably the number one best site to see in Rio. The views are extraordinary, the cable car ride is impressive, and the whole experience is sublime. Given as many people as this attraction handles, it manages to provide an more relaxed and pleasant time than I would have expected. Well worth the trip, but it is highly recommended that you but your tickets in advance to abide waiting in the line. And it is also a good idea to go later in the day since the light gets better as it gets closer to sunset and sunset is well worth staying for.
Must do if you visiting Rio. Going all the way to the top in cable cars gives some fantastic views of the city. It is very popular and obviously gets very crowded. It can eat up more than half of your day so make sure you plan ahead. The best time is to go late afternoon so you catch the sunset and view of the city and mountains in lights. Christ the redeemer also shines beautifully at night with a bright light on the statue. There is parking nearby but it is expensive. If you can use public transport, do it. Take a good camera because there will be lots to shoot!
Weather is unpredictable. It's better to go there when there is a sunny day. Scheduled days may result in a foggy view. Still nice.
All QuestionsSugarloaf mountain
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal