Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro
About Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro
Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Praca Floriano, S/N - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20031-050, Brazil
Ticket Price: 10 BRL
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 16.4K times in trip plans
Entertainment, Theatre, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Theatro Municipal do Rio de Janeiro or simply Municipal Theatre is one of the most important historic buildings in Rio. It is considered and architectural marvel and is one of the Seven Wonders of Brazil. The building is inspired by Paris Opera of Charles Garnier and is considered one of the most beautiful structures in the country. The interior of the theatre too is as grand and opulent as the exterior with several sculptures by Henrique Bernardelli and paintings by Rodolfo Amoedo and Eliseu Visconti. The theatre hosts several operas and is definitely a must see for all. There is a bar and restaurant in the basement known as Assírius. The theatre also conducts guided tours and tickets can be purchased from the box office located behind the building.
Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro Information
- Please ensure you are on time for the guided tour, as late entrants will not be permitted.
- Visitors must be accompanied by a guide when touring the theatre and wandering is not permitted.
- Photography is permitted at the discretion of the tour guide. Flashes are not permitted.
- Food and beverages are not permitted.
- Tours last 45 minutes and contain two groups of 25 people each.
Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro Ticket Prices
- Half Ticket: R$ 5 BRL
Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro Opening and Closing Hours
- Tuesday to Friday - 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm
- Saturdays - 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm
How To reach Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro by Public Transport
- Metro Station: Cinelandia
- Bus Stop: BRS 5: Cinelandia
Restaurants Near Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro
- Vulcao das Massas
- Al Kuwait
- Gula Gula
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro Reviews - Write a Review
Worth to visit......A great place......But be sure you take the English tour if you are a tourist otherwise you would have to take the Portuguese tour(the guide will explain everything in Portuguese
We did an English tour, however the guid did NOT spoke English. Most confusing tour ever! The theatre is really nice though.
Such a beautiful historical place. The concerts and performances are amazing.
Wonderful theater! In front of Cinelandia Square, this place is full of history. Operas, Orchestras, dances and more are constantly being presented! All are truly lovely!
Classy theater, but seats are not very comfortable for a long presentation. Always sit in the middle.
- Nearby Attractions
- Pousada Favela Cantagalo
- Pousada Favelinha
- Windsor Martinique Hotel
- Hang Gliding In Rio - Tandem Flight
- Hippie Market
- Palácio Tiradentes
- Jw Marriott Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Porcão Rio's
- Miroir Club
- Posto 8
- Rio De Janeiro Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Rio De Janeiro
- What to See in 48 Hours in Rio De Janeiro
- What to See in 72 Hours in Rio De Janeiro
- How to Spend 5 Days in Rio De Janeiro
- How to Spend 6 Days in Rio De Janeiro
- How to Spend 7 Days in Rio De Janeiro