Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro, Rio De JaneiroCurrently Open
- Address: Praca Floriano, S/N - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20031-050, Brazil
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2123329191
- Ticket Price: 10 BRL
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Theatre, Architecture
About Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro
The Theatro Municipal do Rio de Janeiro or simply Municipal Theatre is one of the most important historic buildings in Rio. It is considered and architectural marvel and is one of the Seven Wonders of Brazil. The building is inspired by Paris Opera of Charles Garnier and is considered one of the most beautiful structures in the country. The interior of the theatre too is as grand and opulent as the exterior with several sculptures by Henrique Bernardelli and paintings by Rodolfo Amoedo and Eliseu Visconti. The theatre hosts several operas and is definitely a must see for all. There is a bar and restaurant in the basement known as Assírius. The theatre also conducts guided tours and tickets can be purchased from the box office located behind the building.
Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro Information
- Please ensure you are on time for the guided tour, as late entrants will not be permitted.
- Visitors must be accompanied by a guide when touring the theatre and wandering is not permitted.
- Photography is permitted at the discretion of the tour guide. Flashes are not permitted.
- Food and beverages are not permitted.
- Tours last 45 minutes and contain two groups of 25 people each.
Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro Ticket Prices
- Half Ticket: R$ 5 BRL
Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro Opening and Closing Hours
- Tuesday to Friday - 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm
- Saturdays - 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm
How To reach Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro by Public Transport
- Metro Station: Cinelandia
- Bus Stop: BRS 5: Cinelandia
Restaurants Near Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro
- Vulcao das Massas
- Al Kuwait
- Gula Gula
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro Reviews
Beautiful building. Tour was good but mainly focused on art rather than the theatre and how productions are put together
Beautiful theater! Good place for taking photos
Worth to visit......A great place......But be sure you take the English tour if you are a tourist otherwise you would have to take the Portuguese tour(the guide will explain everything in Portuguese
Wonderful place to go!! Classic and beautiful :) Love it
We did an English tour, however the guid did NOT spoke English. Most confusing tour ever! The theatre is really nice though.