Theatro Municipal Do Rio De JaneiroCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Praca Floriano, S/N - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20031-050, Brazil
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2123329191
- Ticket Price: 10 BRL
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Theatre, Architecture
The Theatro Municipal do Rio de Janeiro or simply Municipal Theatre is one of the most important historic buildings in Rio. It is considered and architectural marvel and is one of the Seven Wonders of Brazil. The building is inspired by Paris Opera of Charles Garnier and is considered one of the most beautiful structures in the country. The interior of the theatre too is as grand and opulent as the exterior with several sculptures by Henrique Bernardelli and paintings by Rodolfo Amoedo and Eliseu Visconti. The theatre hosts several operas and is definitely a must see for all. There is a bar and restaurant in the basement known as Assírius. The theatre also conducts guided tours and tickets can be purchased from the box office located behind the building. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Rio De Janeiro Itinerary 5 Days.
- Please ensure you are on time for the guided tour, as late entrants will not be permitted.
- Visitors must be accompanied by a guide when touring the theatre and wandering is not permitted.
- Photography is permitted at the discretion of the tour guide. Flashes are not permitted.
- Food and beverages are not permitted.
- Tours last 45 minutes and contain two groups of 25 people each.
- Half Ticket: R$ 5 BRL
- Tuesday to Friday - 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm
- Saturdays - 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm
- Metro Station: Cinelandia
- Bus Stop: BRS 5: Cinelandia
- Vulcao das Massas
- Al Kuwait
- Gula Gula
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
54.64% of people who visit Rio De Janeiro include Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
40.48% of people start their Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro
93.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Theatro Municipal Do Rio De Janeiro
We went on a hot summer evening to see a show we bought tickets to online only to be rejected in the door since I was wearing shorts. The dress code was not communicated anywhere until we were in the entrance. We dressed up. I wore a nice blue shirt and a shorts, and my girlfriend a classy dress. They don't seem to speak a single word of English and staff seems utterly hostile and unhelpful.
Main venue for opera and ballet, a remind of Rio's better times in what regards performing arts. Also presents chamber and symphonic concerts, for which it's not acoustically adequate. A beautiful building of mixed style, it should be visited - there are guided tours.
One of the most beautiful buildings of Rio. Open for public from Tuesday till Friday with tours at 12:00, 14:00, and 16:00.
a lovely place but tour was only in Portuguese. no postcards or tj available
The most beautiful building of centro Rio. Amazing details, but inside you can visit only if you participate to a tour (r$20) or buy tickets to an event.