Vashista GoofaCurrently Closed
- Address: Haridwar Rishikesh Badrinath Road, Uttarakhand, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Situated on the banks of the holy Ganges, Vashista Goofa is a cave temple where it is believed that the great sage Vashista used to meditate. Sage Vashista was one of the ‘Saptarishis’ (Seven Great Sages) in ancient India.
Vashista Goofa Travel Tips
- One can stay at the caves for duration of upto 3 days.
How to Reach Vashista Goofa
- Vashista Gufa bus stop
- Carrying snacks is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rishikesh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rishikesh and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.69% of people who visit Rishikesh include Vashista Goofa in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
45.83% of people start their Vashista Goofa visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Vashista Goofa
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vashista Goofa