How to Reach Rochester
The Easiest Way to Reach Rochester
Rochester is the city in the state of New York in the United States of America. It lies on the coast of Lake Ontario, 140 kilometres from the USA-Canada border. Rochester has many towns and cities like Buffalo, Toronto, Pittsburgh, New York City surrounding it and is well connected to these by a network of road, rail and airways.
HOW TO GET TO ROCHESTER
- By Air: Greater Rochester International Airport is located about 10 kilometres from downtown Rochester and has major domestic carriers and low-cost airlines flying between New York City, Atlanta, Boston, Baltimore, Chicago, Orlando, Philadelphia, Toronto, and Washington DC multiple times a day.
- By Train: Even though most visitors traveling within the United States prefer to fly, traveling by train is a unique experience in itself. Amtrak operates daily scheduled services on three line; The Empire Service, The Maple Leaf and The Lake Shore to various cities like New York City, Albany, Toronto and Chicago.
- By Bus: Rochester has a well-maintained road network and you can reach Rochester by road through a car, private taxi or a bus. Bus services like Greyhound and Megabus operate daily between Rochester and major cities around it.
- By Boat: Reaching Rochester through waterways is rare, but with the Erie Canal, Genesee River, Lake Ontario, and Irondequoit Bay, one can reach Rochester by boat.
HOW TO GET AROUND ROCHESTER
- By Buses and Subways: Public buses (Regional Transit Service) and subways are available to travel around the city.
- By Taxi: You can call a taxi to move around the city but make sure you book it in advance.
- By Car: You can move in a car if you know the parking regions quite well. Major car rental companies are located throughout the city if you are planning on renting the car.
- On Foot/Bicycle: Except for the winter season, for the rest of the 08 months, downtown Rochester is walkable and can be explored on foot. The Genesee Riverway Trail is fully accessible for bicycles, and bikers are a common sight all over the area in summer.
Modes of Transportation in Rochester
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Rochester. The most preferred mode of transport in Rochester is Car.
Average distance: 32.88 km Average time: 32.86 min
Car 100%Driving 32.86 min Overall average time for 32.88 kms 32.86 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Charlotte
- How To Reach Macon
- How To Reach Jackson Hole
- How To Reach Columbus City
- How To Reach Pismo Beach
- How To Reach Keystone
- How To Reach Jacksonville
- How To Reach Panama City Beach
- How To Reach Little Rock
- How To Reach Amarillo
- Cities Near Rochester
- How To Reach Miami
- How To Reach Los Angeles
- How To Reach New York City
- How To Reach Chicago
- How To Reach Las Vegas
- How To Reach San Francisco
- How To Reach Seattle
- How To Reach San Jose
- How To Reach Saint Louis
- How To Reach Washington D. C.