Charlotte Genesee Lighthouse, Rochester
About Charlotte Genesee Lighthouse, Rochester
Charlotte Genesee Lighthouse, Rochester - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 70 Lighthouse St, Rochester, NY 14612
Ticket Price: 5 USD
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 01:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
Light House, Landmark, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is a rather cute attraction. Constructed in 1822, the stone lighthouse of octagonal shape is 40 feet high. It is located at the mouth of the Genesee River on Lake Ontario. Retired in the 1890s, it was almost a demolished in the mid-twentieth century, but the activism of local high school students prevented that from happening. Now it is a City of Rochester Landmark, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It’s also the second oldest tower in the Great Lakes region. The accessible interior of the tower has been converted into a small museum exhibit. The tower is part of the Seaway Trail.
Charlotte Genesee Lighthouse Information
- 2nd floor and basement closed to visitors.
- Not wheelchair acceesible.
- Must be 7+ years of age to enter.
- Wear proper shoes.
- Group tours need 10 or more people, and must be scheduled two weeks in advance.
Charlotte Genesee Lighthouse Ticket Prices
- Free for kids 17 and under.
How To reach Charlotte Genesee Lighthouse by Public Transport
- Buses 1, 1X/10X/48X, 1X/13X, 1X/48X, 10/1X/4X, 10X/1X, 10X/34X, 10X/36X, 10X/38X stop Lake & Latta
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rochester before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rochester and book an accommodation of your choice.
Charlotte Genesee Lighthouse, Rochester Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Bill Gray's Iceplex
- Maplewood Park And Rose Garden
- Padre Pio Chapel
- Stone-tolan House Historic Site
- Downstairs Cabaret Theatre
- Nazareth College Arts Center
- St Michael's Church
- Greece Canal Park
- Sacred Heart Cathedral
- Rochester Public Library
- Rochester Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Rochester
- What to See in 48 Hours in Rochester
- What to See in 72 Hours in Rochester
- How to Spend 5 Days in Rochester
- How to Spend 6 Days in Rochester
- How to Spend 7 Days in Rochester