Genesee River's High FallsCurrently Open
- Address: Browns Race, Rochester, NY 14614, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-5853252030
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Bridge, Family And Kids
The Genesee River, flowing through the city of Rochester, has three large waterfalls. This is the prettiest and most accessible of them. The water falls 96 feet into a large gorge, and in the gorge, you can see the remnants of the city’s earlier industrial mills. In those times this neighborhood was full of factories making beer and processing flour.
The best way to view the falls is by crossing over to the middle of the Pont de Rennes Bridge. On either side of the bridge is the High Falls Terrace park. On the west park, you’ll find the refurbished 19th-century Waterworks Building; inside it is the High Falls Interpretive Center and Museum. Check it out for a small but interesting exhibit about the neighborhood. You can even arrange for a guided tour of the neighborhood there (don’t forget to make a small donation!). Make sure to check out the historic Phoenix Mill Building, and find out why it’s called that!
There are cafes and restaurants nearby.
Genesee River's High Falls Travel Tips
- The bridge is handicap accessible.
- Parking in the State St. garage.
- Swimming is not allowed.
Genesee River's High Falls Hours
High Falls Interpretive Center and Museum:
- September - late November: Open weekends only. Closed Monday - Friday.
- Closed Late November - Early March.
- Closed Labor Day weekend.
June - August:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Saturdays: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Sundays: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Closed on Sundays.
How to Reach Genesee River's High Falls
- Buses 1, 3, 10, 13, 14, 15, 104, 106, 150, 163 stop Platt & State.
- Buses 1, 3, 10, 13, 14, 15, 45/51/47/48/1X, 163 stop State & Brown.
- Buses 35, 35X/1X, 35X/38X stop St Paul & Ward.
- By car or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rochester before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rochester and book an accommodation of your choice.
17.07% of people who visit Rochester include Genesee River's High Falls in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
61.54% of people start their Genesee River's High Falls visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Genesee River's High Falls
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Genesee River's High Falls
People normally also visit Little Theatre while planning their trip to Genesee River's High Falls.