This professional theatre company is located inside a historic 1868 building that’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It has two stages - the old 552-seat Mainstage, and the newer 180-seat Nextstage. The building was originally used for performances and political conventions, and later was vacant. But when the Genesee Valley Arts Foundation (GeVa) was founded, the theatre received new life. A famous actor who performed here in his early years is Samuel L Jackson. Today the theatre is known for the robust and high-quality productions it hosts throughout the year. The theatre’s Prologue programme, for its Wilson Stage Season productions, lets audiences join the actors for a pre-show discussion one hour before curtains.
Geva Theatre Center Travel Tips
- Paid parking lot is available near corner of St. Mary’s Place and Woodbury Boulevard.
- The Godot’s Bar & the Geva Kitchen is open two hours before performances.
- Wheelchair accessible, but you’ll have to inform the box office at time of purchasing tickets.
- Paid parking lot at the corner of St. Mary’s Place and Woodbury Boulevard.
Entrance Ticket Details For Geva Theatre Center
- Prices depend on show and timing of the show.
Geva Theatre Center Hours
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday-Friday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Saturday: 12:00pm - 8:30pm
- Sunday: 12:00pm - 7:00pm
- Non-performance days: Box office closes at 6pm and is closed on Sundays.
- For events scheduled on Mondays, the box office opens 90 minutes before show.
- The recommended times given here are for the box office. Actual show times will vary.
How to Reach Geva Theatre Center
- By Bus: 23, 24, 45, 47, 50, 51, 53, 81, 82, 83, 84, 101, 102, 103, 124, 145, 800, 807, Geneseo/Rochester stop Court & Clinton
- By car or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rochester before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rochester and book an accommodation of your choice.
52.85% of people who visit Rochester include Geva Theatre Center in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
49.09% of people start their Geva Theatre Center visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Geva Theatre Center
92.45% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Geva Theatre Center
Geva Theatre Center Reviews & Ratings
Great vibe, and always quality performances. Parking in the ramp across the street is free on weekends. We've enjoyed our outings here every time!
Marvelous show! Funny sad spectacular. Great venue, wonderful seats, helpful staff. Great afternoon with friends.
I loved this place. It was wonderful. I went to a reception after a beautiful funeral mass. It was lovely and the food and drinks were par excellent.
The shows here are always top notch!!! The layout of the area outside of the theater, however, leaves something to be desired. They have a bar/food service area that is not large enough to accommodate their customers, so they have seating in the constantly crowded lobby. Speaking of which, they have a large video board on the wall, as you enter the lobby. That serves as a magnet drawing people to it and causing them to stand stationary in the entranceway where they impede the progress of the people trying to enter the facility.
La Cage was a terrific experience. Loved every bit of it. Great singing, dancing and acting!
Can I purchase tickets as a gift to be used at the discretion (date) of the receiver?Answer Report Abuse
Different types of gift cards and ticket certificates are offered by the Geva Theater Center. You can either visit the theater's official website or you can contact the theater staff on 585-232-4382 for details.Report Abuse