Highland ParkCurrently Open
- Address: 180 Reservoir Ave, Rochester, NY 14620, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-5857537270
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, Statue, Family And Kids
Formed of a glacial moraine, this 150-acre park was one of USA’s first municipal arboretums. With 1200 lilac shrubs covering 500 different varieties of the flower, this park is the reason lilacs came to be associated to the city of Rochester. The remaining floral wealth of the park isn’t bad either - Japanese maples, hundreds of kinds of rhododendrons, azaleas, pansies, and wildflowers. Other sights to check out include:
- The Greater Rochester Vietnam Veteran's Memorial, the AIDS Memorial, the Victims Rights Memorial, the Frederick Douglass Statue, and the Workers' Rights Memorial.
- Lamberton Conservatory: seasonal flower displays protected from the city’s climate.
- Warner Castle Sunken Garden: a historic structure that’s a popular place for wedding photographs, with its own rock garden, rose bed and fern garden. It’s also the location of the Rochester Civic Garden Center.
- Highland Park Bowl, also known as the John Dunbar Memorial Pavilion, used in the summer for concerts and movie screenings.
- Lilac Arches: a popular spot to get married.
Additionally, in wintertime the Lily Pond is a popular spot for ice skating. And in May, the park is location of the ever fun Rochester Lilac Festival.
Highland Park Travel Tips
- No equipment rental facilities area available.
- Lease your pets.
- No littering
Entrance Ticket Details For Highland Park
- Adult (19-61): $3.00
- Youth (6-18) and Seniors (62+): $2.00
- Free for five and under.
Highland Park Hours
- Lamberton Conservatory: 10:00 am until 4:00 pm, Closed on Christmas Day.
- Rochester Civic Garden Center: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm; Some Saturday: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Ice skating hours (when possible): 10:00am to 10:00pm
How to Reach Highland Park
- By Bus: 23, 24, 50, 124 stop Mt Hope & Highland.
- By car or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rochester before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rochester and book an accommodation of your choice.
43.9% of people who visit Rochester include Highland Park in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
42.22% of people start their Highland Park visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Highland Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Highland Park