Manhattan Square Park61 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 08:50 pm]
- Address: 353 Court St, Rochester, NY 14607, United States
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 08:50 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5854287541
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Square, Family And Kids
The five-hectare park, with a great viewing platform, a sunken fountain, and stages for outdoor concerts, sees a lot of family visitors throughout the year, making it a fantastic meeting place. Special events are held during times of Festival such as the Martin Luther King Commemoration Skate, the New Year's Eve celebration, the Valentine's sweetheart skate and St. Patrick's Day. The skating facility can also be rented for private events. In summer, the ice melts and becomes a reflecting pool with three fountains. It's a place where children like to play, and there are picnic tables around the rink. Skate rentals are easily available here.
Manhattan Square Park Travel Tips
- Rink may be closed in case of private bookings.
Entrance Ticket Details For Manhattan Square Park
- Most special events are free to event; others may charge an admission fee.
- Group rental of facility is available.
- Adults: $5
- 17 and under: $2
- Families: $14 (up to 2 adults and 4 children)
- Skate Rental $3 (skates and sizes are limited)
- Skate Sharpening $5
Manhattan Square Park Hours
- Skating rink is open in winter only.
- Adult skate (Kids under 18 not allowed), Monday-Friday 1:50pm - 3:20 pm .
- Monday - Friday: 12pm - 1:30 pm, 3:40pm - 5:10 pm, 5:30pm - 7:00 pm, 7:20pm - 8:50 pm
- Saturday times: 12pm -1:30 pm, 1:50pm - 3:20 pm, 3:40pm - 5:10 pm, 7:20pm - 8:50 pm
- Sunday times: 12pm - 1:30 pm, 1:50pm - 3:20 pm, 3:40pm - 5:10 pm, 5:30pm - 7 pm
How to Reach Manhattan Square Park
- Bus 47, 800 stop Chestnut & Johnson.
- Megabus stop Pitkin St b/t E Broad St and Savannah St, Rochester, NY.
- Buses 23, 24, 45, 47, 50, 51, 53, 81, 82, 83, 84, 101, 102, 103, 124, 145, 800, 807, Geneseo/Rochester stop Court & Clinton.
- By Car or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rochester before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rochester and book an accommodation of your choice.
49.59% of people who visit Rochester include Manhattan Square Park in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
41.18% of people start their Manhattan Square Park visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Manhattan Square Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Manhattan Square Park
Manhattan Square Park Reviews & Ratings
NOT for small kids, more of a skate park? Says water on some parts, but there was no water. ? A couple slides through a complicated metal spiral staircase and bridge or a steep climbing wall. That's about it. The pond part was cool, but not kid safe, looks like a wading pool, but you can't go in. Not very user friendly. I guess more for looking, or a walk. Nice fountains.
They have made this spot a nice focal point for downtown. Concerts winterfest and let's talk about the art work that was just done to give it a face lift. Looks amazing.
Had a good time there. Plenty of parking and a timely easy exit made it an enjoyable concert. Would recommend
Nice walk and small forced water dam ya get to view, and on the way out play some music with stationed xylophones their.
I went to a concert down in the falls area. The show was decent but I feel that it should've been on the street level like Party In The Park. Therefore plenty of people to justify the closing of Court by MLK Park.