Rochester Broadway Theatre League, Rochester
About Rochester Broadway Theatre League, Rochester
Rochester Broadway Theatre League, Rochester - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 885 E Main St, Rochester, NY 14605
Ticket Price: 20 USD
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Entertainment, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Founded in 1957, the theatre has made a name for itself as a platform for diverse stage productions - Broadway, comedy, original plays, and all round entertainment. It’s also a great music venue, with events in rock, classical and R&B music. The theatre building itself was built in 1928. The acoustics are terrific, and the wall fresco art gives the place a nice old world feeling. The theatre isn’t very large, so despite the big productions, the performances feel very intimate. It’s been estimated that the theatre’s activities contribute about $30 million to the city’s economy annually. The staff at the theatre is quite helpful and friendly.
Rochester Broadway Theatre League Information
- No elevator access to the balcony level.
- Call in advance if you need wheelchair accessible seating.
- Access the parking lot behind the theatre from College Avenue.
Rochester Broadway Theatre League Ticket Prices
- Ticket prices depend on seating, time and show. They can be between $20 - $100.
Rochester Broadway Theatre League Opening and Closing Hours
Box Office Hours
- Monday – Friday: 10:00am – 05:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am – 02:00pm (Except on Saturdays between Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend, when it is closed)
- Sunday: Closed on non-show days, 12:00pm-Curtain time for matinee shows, 03:00 pm-Curtain for evening shows.
- On show days the box office closes at curtain time.
- Shows usually start at 01:00 pm, 02:00pm, 06:30pm, 07:00pm, 07:30pm, 08:00pm.
- Recommended time to visit between: 10:00am - 04:30pm
How To reach Rochester Broadway Theatre League by Public Transport
- Buses 33, 36/39X/48X, 38, 38X/13X, 38X/42X/1X, 38X/42X/4X, 38X/48X, 39, 39X/38X, 39X/42X/34X, 40X/48X, 42, 42X/13X, 45/51/47/48/36X, 45X/51X/48X, 47X/31X/48X, 51X/38X, 808 stop Main & Prince
- By Car or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rochester before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rochester and book an accommodation of your choice.
Rochester Broadway Theatre League, Rochester Reviews - Write a Review
First year season subscribers. Good selection of plays, and the theatre, although dated, is well appointed and well staffed. Parking easily available at a cost. No good restaurants walking distance, so plan ahead!
Never had been here before last year and I went with my child's school to see Wicked. Since then I've also seen School of Rock and next is Little Mermaid! I absolutely love it and the plays are amazing! It's great that they are accommodating for the schools so kids are able to attend.
Excellent venue. Inexpensive and close parking. Staff were plentiful, pleasant and helpful. Place was stunning!!
I loved the show! It was entertaining and funny and there were no mistakes at all. Wish there was more room but overall great experience!
Broadway plays at Rochester prices, how can you beat that! Beautifully restored theater that is easy to get to, lots of cheap parking and safe in the heart of he city. Well staffed performances. We are frequently flyers at RBTL performances!