Rockhampton proves that good things do indeed come in small packages. The town manages to be busy an idyllic at once, delivering a lively crowd that nonetheless take time out for more peaceful excursions into the wild. The locals call the place Rocky, and so shall we. Here’s why you should visit:
Adventure Sports! The Zoo and the crocodile farm are only a part of the fun. Whether you’re abseiling in the Capricorn Caves, or trekking the Mount Archer trail, Rocky’s delights is going to shake down your pounds.
History! Rocky is one of Queensland’s oldest towns, and the city takes great pains to preserve that heritage. The Dreamtime Cultural Centre focusing on the Aborigines, and the Rockhampton Heritage Village focusing on the city itself go a long way in telling the story of how and why Australia developed.
Essential travel information and Rockhampton tips for your visit
- Call the city Rocky.
- Be ready to pay for an entire round of drinking at least, if you go to a pub.
- Restaurant bills are usually split if dinner isn't the romantic variety.
- Don't dress too colourfully or brashly.
- Do not crack racist jokes.
- Don't be offended if someone cracks a joke at your “expense”.
Rockhampton Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Rockhampton. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Rockhampton trip planner.