Chiesa Del Gesu6165 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via degli Astalli, 16, 00186 Roma, Italy, Rome Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +396-697001
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Architecture
This is Rome’s most prominent Jesuit church and is an example of counter-reformation architecture. A treasure of Baroque art, the headline works of the church include works by Giovanni Battista Gaulli (aka Il Baciccia), and Andrea del Pozzo. The lavish tomb of the Jesuit founder Ignatius Loyola is a masterpiece of the artist. This was the residence of the Spanish Saint from 1544 to 1556 and his private rooms are also open to visit.
The church dates back to late 16th century and exhibits lavish interiors with cupola frescos and stucco decor. A striking change from the classic churches of Rome with minimalistic decor! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Rome itinerary 5 days.
Chiesa Del Gesu Travel Tips
- Maintain peace.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
Chiesa Del Gesu Hours
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays 04.00 pm to 06.00 pm.
- On other days only on appointment.
How to Reach Chiesa Del Gesu
- Bus: 30, 46, 62, 64, 70, 81, 87, 492, 628, 916, N7, N15, N20
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rome before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rome and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Chiesa Del Gesu Address: Via degli Astalli, 16, 00186 Roma, Italy, Rome
- Chiesa Del Gesu Contact Number: +396-697001
- Chiesa Del Gesu Timing: 07:00 am - 07:30 pm
- Best time to visit Chiesa Del Gesu(preferred time): 04:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Chiesa Del Gesu: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
12.17% of people who visit Rome include Chiesa Del Gesu in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
91.7% of people start their Chiesa Del Gesu visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Chiesa Del Gesu
88.46% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chiesa Del Gesu
People normally club together Chiesa Di Sant' Ignazio Di Loyola and San Pietro In Vincoli while planning their visit to Chiesa Del Gesu.
People also prefer to end their day with Chiesa Del Gesu.