Christian Catacombs Of San CallistoCurrently Closed
- Address: Via Appia Antica 170, 00179 Rome, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-65136725
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Sculpture
Christian Catacombs Of San Callisto - Review
Also known as one of the parts of the Catacombs of Rome, this ancient burial chamber is only one of the forty underground burial chambers that have been excavated in Rome. Dedicated to Christians, this particular crypt derives its name from Saint Callixtus.
The catacombs are a complex structure to say the least. Intertwining subterranean passageways make up this graveyard system that stretches for almost twenty kilometers.
One of the most interesting points about this site is that although the morbidity associated with the catacombs are blatantly evident; this place also serves as one of the most important places associated to early Roman art and sculpture. There are innumerable pieces of art strewn in this place in the form of frescoes and sculptures that are a treat to behold.
Christian Catacombs Of San Callisto Information
- Prior reservation is mandatory for guided tours and holy mass.
Christian Catacombs Of San Callisto Ticket Prices
- Guided tour costs around €8 or €5 with concession.
- Reduced: 5 Euros , 7-15 age group.
- Free entry: Children under 6, disable + 1 helper
Christian Catacombs Of San Callisto Hours
- Guided tour lasts for 30-40 minutes.
How To reach Christian Catacombs Of San Callisto by Public Transport
- Bus 714 from Termini Station to San Giovanni Laterano Square.
- Take bus 218 to Fosse Ardeatine near the entrance to the catacombs.
Restaurants Near Christian Catacombs Of San Callisto
- La Porta Del Principe – Contemporary, Italian
- L'Arena del Gelato – Desserts and natural ice cream
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rome before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rome and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Christian Catacombs Of San Callisto
10.44% of people who visit Rome include Christian Catacombs Of San Callisto in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
45.13% of people start their Christian Catacombs Of San Callisto visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Christian Catacombs Of San Callisto
92.59% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Christian Catacombs Of San Callisto