Column Of Marcus Aurelius625 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazza Colonna, Roma, Italy, 00187, Rome Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Monument, Landmarks, Social, Food And Dining, Restaurants
Almost 40 meters in total height, the Column of Marcus Aurelius is considered to be completed in 193 AD and depicts the story of the Marcus Aurelius’ Danubian or Marcomannic wars from 166 AD to his death in 180.
The carvings were done on a column of Carrara Marble while still in the quarry and depicts the story of the war, spirally upwards. When in Rome, do take time off to see the historical story carved beautifully on the undamaged marble.
How to Reach Column Of Marcus Aurelius
- By Bus: at Corso-Largo Chigi, at Largo Chigi.
- Barberini Metro station
- By Taxi.
- By renting a Car.
- On foot.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rome before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rome and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Column Of Marcus Aurelius Address: Piazza Colonna, Roma, Italy, 00187, Rome
- Column Of Marcus Aurelius Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Column Of Marcus Aurelius: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.21% of people who visit Rome include Column Of Marcus Aurelius in their plan
6 PM - 7 PM
55.56% of people start their Column Of Marcus Aurelius visit around 6 PM - 7 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Column Of Marcus Aurelius
66.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Column Of Marcus Aurelius
People normally club together Chiesa Di Santa Maria Maddalena and Fontana Di Trevi while planning their visit to Column Of Marcus Aurelius.