Hadrian's VillaCurrently Open
- Address: Largo Marguerite Yourcenar, 1, 00010 Tivoli RM, Italy, Rome
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0774530203
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, History Museums, Historical Site, Architecture , Picnic Spot
An open-air museum, this is one of the finest architectural masterpieces of the Roman world. Built as a private summer residence between AD 118 to 134; the Villa spans over an area of 120 hectares.
The villa was filled with the full-scale reproductions of the Emperor’s favourite buildings from Greece and Egypt. The full-fledge excavation of the site began in the 16th century, although many of the unidentified relics still lie around the surrounding fields. Many of the Egyptian relics found here can be observed in the Vatican’s Egyptian collection. Many statues excavated here are flaunted in various museums all around Europe.
Today, the grounds serve as a perfect site for picnics on sunny afternoons. The olive trees add the verdant touch to the area. There is a full-scale model of what the villa must have been like in its hey-day.
Must-observe highlights include the Maritime Theatre with a round pool and an island in the centre which housed Hadrian’s private studio and Vale of Tempe.
Take a guided tour to get an elaborate idea of the striking villa and the history beneath its bare grounds.
Hadrian's Villa Travel Tips
- Guided tours and audio guides are available.
- Wear comfortable shoes and carry a hat.
- Drinking water is available.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hadrian's Villa
- Reduced € 4.00
- On the occasion of the annual temporary exhibition, which is usually held in the period from April to October, the ticket will cost € 11.00 whole, reduced € 7.00.
- Free admission the first Sunday of the month.
How to Reach Hadrian's Villa
- Metro B Ponte Mammolo stop and bus Co.Tral direction Via Prenestina, Rome train FS stop at Tivoli's station and bus line CAT number 4.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rome before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rome and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.55% of people who visit Rome include Hadrian's Villa in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
39.86% of people start their Hadrian's Villa visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Hadrian's Villa
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hadrian's Villa