National Roman Museum Palazzo Massimo Alle TermeCurrently Open
- Address: Largo di Villa PerettiRomeRM, Lazio 00185Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:45 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0639967700
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Historical Site, Statue, Sculpture
Spread over four floors, this branch of national Roman Museum is housed in the 19th century neo-classical palace. Exhibiting world’s most prominent collection of classical art, the museum displays sculptures, frescoes and mosaics, coins and jewels that document the artistic culture of Rome from the late Republican age through Late Antiquity.
Fantastic art pieces like Boxer at Rest, the Hellenistic Prince and the Dying Niobid from the Horti Sallustiani (Gardens of Sallust) and the statue of Augustus Pontifex Maximus (High Priest) can be observed here.
Other masterpieces include:
- Lancellotti Discobolus (Discus Thrower)
- The Maiden of Antium
- The Hermaphroditus Asleep
- The Sarcophagus of Portonaccio
- The Grottarossa Mummy
Entrance Ticket Details For National Roman Museum Palazzo Massimo Alle Terme
- Reduced: € 3.50 for European Union citizens ages 18 to 25 and for European Union teachers.
- Free: Visitors 17 and under.
- Single ticket valid for 3 days at 4 sites.(Palazzo Massimo, Palazzo Altemps, Crypta Balbi, Baths of Diocletian)
National Roman Museum Palazzo Massimo Alle Terme Hours
- Last admission: 06.45 pm
How to Reach National Roman Museum Palazzo Massimo Alle Terme
- Bus: C2, H, 36, 38, 40, 64, 86, 90, 92, 105, 170, 175, 217, 310, 360, 714, 910; Metro: Lines A and B, Termini stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rome before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rome and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.47% of people who visit Rome include National Roman Museum Palazzo Massimo Alle Terme in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
42.37% of people start their National Roman Museum Palazzo Massimo Alle Terme visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see National Roman Museum Palazzo Massimo Alle Terme
57.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Roman Museum Palazzo Massimo Alle Terme