Ostia AnticaCurrently Closed
- Address: Viale dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica, Italy, Rome
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:15 pm Details
- Phone: +39-656358099
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Ancient Ruin, Architecture , Archaeological Site , Sculpture
Ostia Antica - Review
This area is located at some distance from the main city of Rome and was once the port and harbour of Ancient Rome. Today, it has been converted into an archaeological site and is in close proximity to the Ostia suburb of Rome.
The main draws of this place are not restricted to the huge archaeological dig site, but mostly the large amounts of mosaic work, sculptures, frescoes and astonishingly well preserved buildings. Most of these buildings date back to ancient times, some going as far back as Early Rome. The military camp or Castrum and the temples dedicated to Minerva, Juno and Jupiter known as the Capitolium are the earliest buildings which are speculated to have been built in around the 3rd century, BC.
In all, scientists have assumed that they have only been able to unearth two thirds of the port city with a portion of it still awaiting discovery.
Ostia Antica Information
- Visa, Mastercard and Maestro credit cards are accepted for tickets
- Roma Pass is valid for the entry
Ostia Antica Ticket Prices
- Full ticket: 8 Euros
- Reduced: 4 Euros
- Exhibitions: Additional 3 Euros
- Under 18, students, disabled people, journalists, teachers: Free entry
- Free Sunday of every month: Free entry
Ostia Antica Hours
- Last entry is one hour prior to closing time.
- Museum opens at 09.30 am
- Decorated houses open at 10.30 am
- Castle is open on Thursdays and Sundays from 11.00 am
How To reach Ostia Antica by Public Transport
- Subway to Porta San Paolo, Line B from Termini Station. Train Roma-Lido to Ostia Antica.
- By Train: Take the Metro to Piramide station (line B).
Restaurants Near Ostia Antica
- Caffetteria degli Scavi – Official cafeteria serving traditional Italian and local cuisine
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rome before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rome and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ostia Antica
6.96% of people who visit Rome include Ostia Antica in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
40% of people start their Ostia Antica visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ostia Antica
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ostia Antica