San Luigi Dei Francesi9798 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazza di San Luigi de' Francesi, 00186 Roma, Italy, Rome Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-06688271
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Architecture
In a city famous for churches and religious allusions, it is quite difficult to pick out the one’s which are worth visiting. But in all fairness, this 16th century Roman Catholic Church stands out mainly because of the masterful pieces of period art that are on display in the interiors.
Completed in sometime between 1518 and 1589, the church stands till this day as a brilliant testimony to the marvels a few men can achieve. The artistry that can be seen in the walls and ceilings of this church truly puts one through a humbling experience. The ceiling in particular can be compared to some extent in artistry to the works of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
This church is open for visitation by tourists and should be on the must see lists for all first timers in Rome. Visit Italy Itinerary 10 Days for an unforgettable Italy travel experience
How to Reach San Luigi Dei Francesi
- 15 minutes walk from Barberini Station, Line A
- Bus no 30, 70, 81, 87, 492, 628, N6, N7, SHOP1
- Festo Avieno – Traditional cuisine, local delicacies
- Osteria del Cavaliere – Italian, pizzeria
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rome before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rome and book an accommodation of your choice.
- San Luigi Dei Francesi Address: Piazza di San Luigi de' Francesi, 00186 Roma, Italy, Rome
- San Luigi Dei Francesi Contact Number: +39-06688271
- San Luigi Dei Francesi Timing: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit San Luigi Dei Francesi: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
19.03% of people who visit Rome include San Luigi Dei Francesi in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
43.18% of people start their San Luigi Dei Francesi visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see San Luigi Dei Francesi
74.93% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting San Luigi Dei Francesi
People normally club together Basilica Of Saint Paul Outside The Walls and Altare Della Patria while planning their visit to San Luigi Dei Francesi.