Ara Pacis Museum1916 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lungotevere in Augusta, 00186 Roma, Italy, Rome Map
- Timings: 09:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-60608
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Military Museums, Architecture
Among the many different kinds of museums that are present in Rome, one of the most unique is the Ara Pacis museum. The Museo dell Ara Pacis was constructed under the commission of Emperor Augustus in order to commemorate his military conquests in the Mediterranean. Surprisingly, this museum dedicated to military exploits is the home to the Altar of Peace.
The site on which the museum is located was called the Field of Mars. Architecturally, this amazing museum is completely surrounded by marble walls. These walls are adorned with statues of the senate and Emperor Augustus’s family members who are depicted as moving in a procession around the museum in order to celebrate the military conquests.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ara Pacis Museum
- Regular € 6.50, Reduced € 4.50.
- Adult: Euro 10.50
- Reduced: Euro 8.50
- Audio guide Euro 4
How to Reach Ara Pacis Museum
- Subway to Flaminio station, Line A
- Spirito Divino – Italian fine dining
- Osteria Quarantaquattro – Fine dining, Mediterranean, Italian
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rome before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rome and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ara Pacis Museum Address: Lungotevere in Augusta, 00186 Roma, Italy, Rome
- Ara Pacis Museum Contact Number: +39-60608
- Ara Pacis Museum Timing: 09:30 am - 07:30 pm
- Ara Pacis Museum Price: 6 EUR
- Time required to visit Ara Pacis Museum: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
3.78% of people who visit Rome include Ara Pacis Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
32.2% of people start their Ara Pacis Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ara Pacis Museum
83.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ara Pacis Museum
People normally club together Pantheon and Cestius Pyramid while planning their visit to Ara Pacis Museum.