- Address: Trastevere, Rome, Italy
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Trastevere - Review
The beautiful Trastevere neighborhood welcomes you on the other side of the Tiber river. After the Romans captured the area, no one really wanted to built anything here and the only thing that connected this part of Rome to the rest of Italy was a small wooden bridge called ‘Pons Sublicius’. From 753–509 BC, the area belonged to Etruscans- a wealthy and civilized class of people belonging to Tuscany, Lazio and Umbria. However, the medieval history of the neighborhood is what takes center stage here.
The rustic cobbled pathways that wind around ancient homes, make for a unique walk while the buzzing nightlife of the area, is hard to ignore. The sheer number of universities present in Trastevere promise a fabulous youth culture.
- Piazza Santa Maria
- The American Academy in Rome
- The American University of Rome
- University of Waterloo School of Architecture
- Via della Luce where Frederic Rzewski and Richard Teitelbaum (famous music composers) lived
- Viale Glorioso where the famous director Sergio Leone grew up
Visit the place to explore the nightlife and to see an ancient part of Rome that deserves to be explored. A small walk around the Gianicolo hill during the day, is perfect to see the small neighborhood in a nutshell.
Trastevere Ticket Prices
- Ticket Prices of individual attractions vary.
- Recommended time of arrival is 9.00 am to 2.00 pm.
- Timings of individual attractions vary.
How To reach Trastevere by Public Transport
- Light Rail: Belli
- Bus: at LGT Sanzio/filipperi
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rome before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rome and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Trastevere
0.91% of people who visit Rome include Trastevere in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
24% of people start their Trastevere visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Trastevere
88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Trastevere
3 Views12 Days 11 Nights12 Day Trip to Paris, Rome, London, Venice, Belfast from TulsaBy: Kialey CochraneCity: Belfast, London, Paris, Venice, Rome
5 Views19 Days 18 Nights19 Day Trip to Paris, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Positano, Nice from InglewoodBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Paris, Nice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Positano