Visit Ronda - Best of Ronda
Spain and its beautiful destinations don’t cease to captivate any and everyone who visit. A desire to live a good life, involving lots of passion in everything offered, Spain’s sophistication casts an easy spell. A country running food, drinks, brilliant music and terrific vistas in every vibe, is ought to be an enticing delight indeed.
Perched in the province of Malaga, Ronda is a congenial melange of the characteristic European towns – cobbled streets, aisles escalating and dwindling on slopes, laced with white-walled houses with brown slanting roofs, prettied up with just the right amount of plants hung on the doors and windows, cobalt skies and of course lots of rugged mountains. Ronda particularly is an extremely hilly city, nestled over the 100-plus-meter- deep El Tajo canyon and has the Guadalevin River running through it, covered by the endemic Spanish fir. Apparently, this is where the traditional spectacle of Spain – Bullfighting was invented.
Cleaved into parts - La Ciudad, the old town south and El Mercadillo in the north, Ronda is a unique blend of adventure, amazing culinary, heritage, and beguiling festivals. With strong Arabic cultural influences this Andalusian town offers an interesting juxtapose for you to bask in. Ruins expressing the bygone era, attractions towered on the city’s canyons, mosques, palaces and lots of art, getting around Ronda offers experiences to be cherished for a lifetime.
Ronda Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Ronda tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Central European Time; UTC +1/+2
- Currency: Euro
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 230 V/ 50 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: Spanish is the official language of Ronda. English is understood and spoken.
- Security: Dial 112 for police, ambulance and fire brigade.
- Tipping: At a fine dining restaurant especially, if you are happy with the service, a tip of 7-10% is acceptable, if you are not happy, do not tip.
- Get some Spanish lessons.
- Rent a bike to explore adjoining areas.
- The Sierra de Grazalema and Sierra de las Nieves Natural Parks lie close by from Ronda.
Travel to Ronda- Know before you go to Ronda
Facts and Stats for Ronda*
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Attractions in Ronda
Ronda Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Ronda Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Ronda
New on TripHobo Duration: 08:00 Hrs
Marbella in Style delivers this full day private tour from Marbella to Ronda which is the perfect occasion to discover this u..
USD 204.71Book Now