- Address: Rödertor, 91541 Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany Map
- Time Required: 00:10 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Walking Area, Family And Kids
The Rodertor is one of the five gates into the preserved Medieval walled town of Rotheburg, it is Located on the east side of Rothenburg. This gate is the closest to the Bahnhof (train station). It’s a ten-minute walk from the station to the Rödertor entrance on Ansbachstrasse. The two structures that margin the Rödertor are round buildings where customs officials formerly collected a toll fee. The word Röder is a reference to the court system which Rothenburg had, by virtue of being a free imperial city; on the left side of Ansbachstrasse, near the Rödertor entrance, is a beautiful building which houses Rothenburg’s present court. After driving through the Rödertor bastion, tourists enter the old city, through the gate in the Röder tower. There are stairs at the Rödertor which provide access to the walkway of the town walls, on either sides, behind the tower.
Rodertor Travel Tips
- The tower has an exhibition of photos about the bombing of Rothenburg by American planes on March 31, 1945, about six weeks before World War II ended on May 8, 1945.
How to Reach Rodertor
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rothenburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rothenburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Rodertor Address: Rödertor, 91541 Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany
- Time required to visit Rodertor: 00:10 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
49.04% of people who visit Rothenburg include Rodertor in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
33.33% of people start their Rodertor visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Rodertor
76.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rodertor
People normally club together Town Walls and Rothenburg Historical Vaults while planning their visit to Rodertor.