Rothenburg Town Hall Rothenburg Ob Der TauberCurrently Closed
- Address: Rathaus, Marktplatz, 91541, Rothenburg, Germany
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-0986140492
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, View Point, Family And Kids, Landmarks
Rathaus or the Town Hall is a beautiful German town hall right at the main square in the walled section of Rothenburg. The Clock Tower set atop of the gothic part of the Town Hall, giving a fabulous panoramic view of the medieval town and its environs. Irrespective of the weather, you can admire the picturesque Tauber Valley and its beautiful mills from here. The 52-meter viewing platform is accessed by 220 steps from the main door of the Town Hall.
There are two parts of the Rathaus:
- The newer version that is used today as administrative offices.
- The old white tower and building which was used in the past for meetings of the Council. Built in stages between 1250-1400, the tower today is climbed for good views.
- The tower puts on a little show during the day St. George's Fountain.
- The Town Hall has a small museum inside.
- If you miss the Town Walls, you can enjoy a great view atop the Town Hall.
- 2 Euros to the Tower.
- Free entry to the Town Hall.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rothenburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rothenburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
78.18% of people who visit Rothenburg include Rothenburg Town Hall Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
52.54% of people start their Rothenburg Town Hall Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Rothenburg Town Hall Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber
51.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rothenburg Town Hall Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber