Enjoy a close encounter with Rothenburg’s history. The town walls were built to protect Rothenburg from its enemies and thus, are of vital importance. In spite of being very old, the walls are perfectly intact. A must-go for great views of the town and a feeling of going back in time eternal.
The Walls give a view of 42 gate houses and towers in town. These can be accessed from anywhere in the town, as there are several stairs around the town to access it. Being covered, you can still enjoy your walk in spite of sun or rain.
- Some parts of the walls were very tight to fit through.
- Maps with vital information of the wall available at any local hotel or restaurant.
- The roof also was very low in some places, so mind your head.
- Stop for photos.
- Not handicap/wheelchair accessible.
- Just before the sunset too is a good time to visit the Town Walls.
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rothenburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rothenburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Rothenburg include Town Walls in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
45.87% of people start their Town Walls visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Town Walls
85.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Town Walls