Town Walls, Rothenburg
About Town Walls, Rothenburg
Town Walls, Rothenburg - Address
Address: Rothenburg, Germany
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Enjoy a close encounter with Rothenburg’s history. The town walls were built to protect Rothenburg from its enemies and thus, are of vital importance. In spite of being very old, the walls are perfectly intact. A must-go for great views of the town and a feeling of going back in time eternal.
The Walls give a view of 42 gate houses and towers in town. These can be accessed from anywhere in the town, as there are several stairs around the town to access it. Being covered, you can still enjoy your walk in spite of sun or rain.
Town Walls Information
- Some parts of the walls were very tight to fit through.
- Maps with vital information of the wall available at any local hotel or restaurant.
- The roof also was very low in some places, so mind your head.
- Stop for photos.
- Not handicap/wheelchair accessible.
Town Walls Opening and Closing Hours
- Just before the sunset too is a good time to visit the Town Walls.
How To reach Town Walls by Public Transport
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rothenburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rothenburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Town Walls, Rothenburg Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Burggartenpalais
- Puppen- Und Spielzeugmuseum
- Historik Hotel Gotisches Haus Garni
- Rothenburg Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Rothenburg
- What to See in 48 Hours in Rothenburg
- What to See in 72 Hours in Rothenburg
- How to Spend 5 Days in Rothenburg
- How to Spend 6 Days in Rothenburg
- How to Spend 7 Days in Rothenburg