Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa208 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1180 Tarawera Rd, Rotorua 3076, New Zealand Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +64-73628287
- Ticket Price: 33 NZD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Village, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Tei Waiora, once settled by Europeans and Maoris was destroyed by the eruption of Mt Tarawera, taking with it the lives of over 120 people. It also obliterated the pink and white terraces – marble like terraces often called the 8th wonder of the world. The village was later excavated by the Smith family and visitors can view the ruins of houses, stores, hotels and even a flour mill. Also of interest is the Museum of Tai Wairoa, showcasing objects excavated from the site. If you are up for it, a steep, but short trek will give you a stunning view of the Wairere Falls.
The unique archaeological property of Buried Village of Tei Wairoa is a great place to relish the beauty of Rotorua in New Zaland. There is an admission for entry to this place. Tickets for Buried Village of Tei Wairoa are available on the site. However, as you buy tickets for Buried Village of Tei Wairoa tours, you get an easy access to this place and Buried Village of Tei Wairoa ticket prices at discounted rates. Hurry up! Buried Village of Tei Wairoa tickets might be running out of stock.
Entrance Ticket Details For Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa
- Seniors over 65 yrs - $29; Children 13 -18 years - $10; Children 5 – 13 years - $5; Children under 5 – Free.
Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa Hours
- The place is open till 5 PM between October - April.
How to Reach Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa
- The Buried Village is located just 15min drive from Rotorua and is best suited for a drive in a car. Alternately you can also use private tour operators like Grumpy’s, Elite Adventures, Naked Bus or Taylor’s Tour who offer a 3-hour tour of the place.
- Te Wairoa Tearooms, a small cafe established in 1931 is famous for its Devonshire teas and baked goods, is a good place to have a rest and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rotorua before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rotorua and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa Address: 1180 Tarawera Rd, Rotorua 3076, New Zealand
- Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa Contact Number: +64-73628287
- Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa Timing: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa Price: 33 NZD
- Time required to visit Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
8.96% of people who visit Rotorua include Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.45% of people start their Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa
People normally club together Mokoia Restaurant and Blue And Green Lakes while planning their visit to Buried Village Of Tei Wairoa.