How to Reach Rotorua
- By Air: The Rotorua International Airport is a 10-minutes drive from the city center, and is well connected to other domestic airports as well as to Sydney International Airport.
- By Train: Rotorua is not connected by rail to any of the major cities.
- By Bus: Bus is one of best and cheapest options for travelling within New Zealand, and Rotorua is serviced daily, multiple times by InterCity and Naked Bus to all major domestic cities.
- By Car: Auckland being just a few hours away, traveling by car in New Zealand is another great option. The roads are very scenic with small, quaint villages and towns popping up every now and then.
- By Bus: There are a few CityRide buses servicing Rotorua, but not enough for a traveler to be completely reliant on. They also stop servicing the town at 6 PM on weekdays and 4 PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
- By Taxi: Although pricey, metered taxis are easily available and a safe way to travel around the city.
- By Bicycle: Cycling in Rotorua is a great way to get around; especially with the plentitude of bike rental shops.
- By Car: Having your own car will make your trip to Rotorua even more pleasurable as the city is well-planned and easy to navigate. Hiring a car is preferable to relying on public transport entirely and might also turn out to be cheaper.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Rotorua. The most preferred mode of transport in Rotorua is Car.
Average distance: 13.67 km Average time: 21.67 min
Car 100%Driving 21.67 min Overall average time for 13.67 kms 21.67 min