- Address: Rotorua, New Zealand Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 24 NZD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Village, Walking Area, Food And Drinks, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
Ohinemutu is a Maori village just ten-minute’s walk from Rotorua and is most famous for the St Faith’s Anglican Church. The villagers still following the age-old customs, their arts and crafts decorating every little dwelling and food cooked using geothermal energy, this place seems to be from some other time. Guided tours through the village are a good way to see how the culture has preserved through the time and interact with the villagers.
Ohinemutu Travel Tips
- The guided walks start from 10 AM till 5 PM on weekends.
- Visitors are advised to stick to the paths of the guided tour in Ohinemutu so as to not intrude on the villagers.
How to Reach Ohinemutu
- Situated a 10-minute walk from Rotorua, the St Faith's Church is easily accessible by car and taxi.
- Lewishams Cafe and Restaurant
- The Fish & Chips Shop
- The Lakeside Cafe
- Jazzed Bar and Eatery
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rotorua before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rotorua and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ohinemutu Address: Rotorua, New Zealand
- Ohinemutu Timing: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Ohinemutu Price: 24 NZD
- Time required to visit Ohinemutu: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
12.19% of people who visit Rotorua include Ohinemutu in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
38.46% of people start their Ohinemutu visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ohinemutu
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ohinemutu
People normally club together The Government Gardens and Kerosene Creek And Rainbow Mountain while planning their visit to Ohinemutu.