Orakei Korako Thermal ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Orakei Korako, 494 Orakeikorako Road, Reporoa 3083, New Zealand, Rotorua Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +64-073783131
- Ticket Price: 36 NZD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Hill
A geothermal park with the amazing Ruatapu cave, hot water geysers, bubbling mud pools, glistening silica terraces and steam snaking out of the hills. Once called 'The Hidden Valley', the vivid colors of the terraces, cyanobacteria and the dense fauna make a walk through the valley a truly unique experience.
Orakei Korako Thermal Park Travel Tips
Other Ticket Prices: Children 6-16 - $15; Children under 5 - Free.
Orakei Korako Thermal Park Hours
- The last ferry to enter the geothermal park leaves at 4 PM during the winter months.
How to Reach Orakei Korako Thermal Park
- Grumpy's and Taupo Hot Bus have a shuttle bus to and from the geothermal park, or you can grab a seat in on one of the sea plane tours offered by Taupo's or Volcanic Air.
- Mudcake Cafe, located on the bank of Waikato River, offers hot meals, snacks, beverages, drinks and free wi-fi for its patrons.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rotorua before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rotorua and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Orakei Korako Thermal Park Address: Orakei Korako, 494 Orakeikorako Road, Reporoa 3083, New Zealand, Rotorua
- Orakei Korako Thermal Park Contact Number: +64-073783131
- Orakei Korako Thermal Park Timing: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Orakei Korako Thermal Park Price: 36 NZD
- Time required to visit Orakei Korako Thermal Park: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
7.92% of people who visit Rotorua include Orakei Korako Thermal Park in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
91.67% of people start their Orakei Korako Thermal Park visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Orakei Korako Thermal Park
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Orakei Korako Thermal Park
People normally club together Ruatapu Cave and Kuirau Park while planning their visit to Orakei Korako Thermal Park.