Ruatapu CaveCurrently Open
- Address: Orakei Korako, 494 Orakei korako Road, Reporoa 3083, New Zealand, Rotorua Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +64-073783131
- Ticket Price: 36 NZD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Family And Kids, Lake, Hill
One of New Zealand's many wonders, the Ruatapo Cave is one of only two caves in the world located in an active geothermal zone. It extends to over 40 ft., with a vertical drop of 23 ft. and ends in a shallow pool of sulphuric water, called 'The Pool of Mirror' for its reflective and clear water.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ruatapu Cave
- Children 6-16 - $15; Children under 5 - Free.
Ruatapu Cave Hours
- The last ferry to enter the geothermal park leaves at 4 PM during the winter months.
How to Reach Ruatapu Cave
- Grumpy's and Taupo Hot Bus have a shuttle bus to and from the geothermal park, or you can grab a seat in on one of the sea plane tours offered by Taupo's or Volcanic Air.
- Mudcake Cafe, located on the bank of Waikato River, offers hot meals, snacks, beverages, drinks and free wi-fi for its patrons.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rotorua before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rotorua and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ruatapu Cave Address: Orakei Korako, 494 Orakei korako Road, Reporoa 3083, New Zealand, Rotorua
- Ruatapu Cave Contact Number: +64-073783131
- Ruatapu Cave Timing: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Ruatapu Cave Price: 36 NZD
- Time required to visit Ruatapu Cave: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
8.44% of people who visit Rotorua include Ruatapu Cave in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
90.83% of people start their Ruatapu Cave visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Ruatapu Cave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ruatapu Cave
People normally club together Wai-o-tapu Thermal Wonderland and Orakei Korako Thermal Park while planning their visit to Ruatapu Cave.
People also prefer to start their day with Ruatapu Cave.