A step into this village is akin to stepping back in time - when the Maoris dominated the region and flourished with the wildlife. With traditional performances, feasts and ceremonies celebrated by the entire village, this attraction is more than an experience you will remember for your entire life. Listen to the traditional Maori stories and songs, participate in their dance, watch the weapons that were used for hunting or simply the daily lives of the exotic Maoris and finally devour a 3-course Hangi meal cooked on hot rocks. History will never have looked so much more fascinating. Though there are opening and closing hours, arrangements can also be made to stay overnight in the Tamaki Maori Village.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tamaki Maori Village
- Tickets: 115 NZD
- Adults: 115 NZD
- Children (5-9 years): 25 NZD
- Children (10-15): 65 NZD
- Students and Senior citizens (65+): 95 NZD
- Family group (2 adults + 3 children): 310 NZD
- Infants (4 and under): Free
Tamaki Maori Village Hours
- The first show begins at 5 PM.
- Tours depart every day at 5 PM, 6 PM and 7 PM from Rotorua. During the winter months the last bus departs at 6:30 PM.
- This is a three hour tour and needs prior booking.
How to Reach Tamaki Maori Village
- Transportation to and from your Rotorua accommodation is included in the tour.
- A traditional Hangi feast is included in your ticket price.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rotorua before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rotorua and book an accommodation of your choice.
75.12% of people who visit Rotorua include Tamaki Maori Village in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
38.42% of people start their Tamaki Maori Village visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Tamaki Maori Village
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tamaki Maori Village