Are you looking for what to do in Rotorua?
WHAT TO SEE
- Buried Village of Tei Wairoa
- Tamaki Maori Village
- Hobbiton Movie Set
- Blue Baths
- Blue and Green Lakes
- Matariki Hangi & Maori Cultural Performance
- Hell’s Gate
- Wingspan Birds of Prey Center
- Rotorua Museum
- Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Paradise Valley Springs Wildlife Park
- Government Gardens
- Ruatapu Cave
- Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- St Faith’s Church
- Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park
- Lake Rotorua
- New Zealand Maori Arts and Crafts Institute
- The White Island
- The Tikitere
Things to Do
- Soak in a naturally occurring hot water springs in one of the many Rotorua’s thermal attractions.
- Rejuvenate your skin in the mineral-rich mud pools.
- Indulge in Miri miri – a massage technique passed down for ages by the Maori for healing the body and mind.
- Explore the traditional Maori cuisine.
- Take a ride in Shweeb – the world’s only human powered monorail race track.
- Go fishing on The Hot Water Beach and have a fish baked by the natural heat of the sand.
- Mountain biking in the Whakarewarewa forest is another fun-filled activity in Rotorua for kids and adults alike.
- Try white water rafting or sledging in any one of the three rivers around Rotorua.
- Fly in the hovercraft.
- Book a luxurious cruise on any of the numerous lakes around Rotorua.
- Trekking the local forest in the local forest and exploring the native plants is a must do thing in Rotorua.
- Do take a trip to the Agroventures Adventure Park which offers five iconic and unique rides.
- With some of the best fishing spots in the world, a fishing session is also a must.
- Visit the Mitai Maori Village to experience the local indigenous culture up close and enjoy the traditional meal.
- Enjoy a scenic ride in a RailCruiser.
- Go on Rotorua Duck Tours – a ride on water and land in one of WWII amphibious crafts, affectionately called a duck.
- Go drive a luge in Skyline – another spectacular attraction in Rotorua.
- Go on a fun-filled ride in a Zorb.
- Try the forest-themed obstruction course at Adrenalin Forest.
- Let the kids lose in PlayTopia – an indoor playground designed with keeping the little devils safe and entertained.
- Go kayaking in the local lakes and explore the glowworm caves.
Below we have a list of things to do in Rotorua and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Rotorua getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Rotorua with confidence.