Waimangu Volcanic Valley999 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 587 Waimangu Road off SH5 (main Rotorua – Taupo highway), Rotorua, New Zealand
- Timings: 08:30 am - 03:45 pm Details
- Phone: +64-73666137
- Ticket Price: 36 NZD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Observatory, Family And Kids, Valley, Bird Watching
A must see attraction when visiting Rotorua, the Waimangu Voclacanic Valley is said to be the youngest geothermal system. Many highly rated and internationally acclaimed geothermal features such as the Inferno Crater Lake and the rather appropriately named Frying Pan Lake dot the valley. There are various trails for you to explore, with a free guide to inform you about the particular structures and its history. The walk it self is rather surreal, with picturesque surroundings and exotic bird life.
Entrance Ticket Details For Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Children 6-16 years - $12; Children under 6 - Free.
- These prices are for the walk only. A cruise on the Lake Rotomahana will incur additional charges.
Waimangu Volcanic Valley Hours
- The Valley is open till 4:40 PM in summer months.
How to Reach Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Waimangu Volcanic Valley tour offers the option to pick you up from Rotorua, alternately you can also drive there.
- Cafe Nature, situated at the entrance of the Waimangu Volcanic Valley, offers a selection of hot and cold snacks, soups and drinks.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rotorua before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rotorua and book an accommodation of your choice.
45.27% of people who visit Rotorua include Waimangu Volcanic Valley in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
51.11% of people start their Waimangu Volcanic Valley visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Waimangu Volcanic Valley
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Waimangu Volcanic Valley