Waitomo CavesCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves, New Zealand, Rotorua
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +64-78788227
- Ticket Price: 49 NZD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Adventure
Waitomo Caves - Review
Watch as hundreds of little glowworms emit their bluish glow on the roof of these caves as your guide takes you through the fascinating history of the region. Resembling a night sky, these little creatures are not the only attraction here, as the stalactites and stalagmites here have their own spooky beauty. The adventurers can also go black water rafting, zip-lining or abseiling in the depths of the dark caves.
Waitomo Caves Ticket Prices
- Children 4-14 years - $21.50; Children under 4 - Free.
Waitomo Caves Hours
- The caves are open till 5:30 PM in summer months.
How To reach Waitomo Caves by Public Transport
- Most major tour operators have Waitomo Caves in their package tours. Alternately, you can hire a car or campervan and drive to Waitomo.
Restaurants Near Waitomo Caves
- There is a cafe and a restaurant in the visitor center.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rotorua before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rotorua and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Waitomo Caves
34.67% of people who visit Rotorua include Waitomo Caves in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
52.86% of people start their Waitomo Caves visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Waitomo Caves
92.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Waitomo Caves